ES Tuesday 4-7-15

Bands for the day. Good luck to all!

Click image for original size
iv040715
I won't post trades but I will post some observations (before I look away to do my taxes today, so I will be looking occasionally (at the market), but I have to get taxes done today.
overnight action all inside the VA... does anyone hold to the idea that when you open inside the VA, that means that the market remains in the same mind-set as the prior day, therefore a tag of the VAH (from below) is a sell and a tag of the VAL is a buy?

what about a print at yesterday's High? it was a poor high, basic Dalton thoughts are that poor high needs correction (has to be printed). BGasic Dalton is when come to a prior H, is it those gap rule things, 1 eatiher look above and get rejected
2 look above and find acceptance
I can't remember what the other one is.

Ohhhhh i hear Uncle Sam calling me (fed tax returns to do)

good luck to everyone, Bull and bear alike.
Paul, I have the same observation as you. Especially when the open is towards the middle of a wide VA.

Originally posted by PAUL9

overnight action all inside the VA... does anyone hold to the idea that when you open inside the VA, that means that the market remains in the same mind-set as the prior day, therefore a tag of the VAH (from below) is a sell and a tag of the VAL is a buy?

Paul, how do you do your taxes? Do you use a software (like TurboTax), a CPA or just by hand?
Today was a good example of the significance of +5.

O/N was typical bounce off +5.

RTH bounced off +5 for a win but never made a lower low. Thus more long was in it when it made a higher high (5M chart)
was a nice quick scalp. nicely done Mike

Originally posted by Big Mike

Today was a good example of the significance of +5.

O/N was typical bounce off +5.

RTH bounced off +5 for a win but never made a lower low. Thus more long was in it when it made a higher high (5M chart)
FWIW, I have not posted any trades recently because I have been trading like crap and fell back into old habits. I definitely took a step back this week and that has me pretty annoyed and pissed off at myself.... hope to get back in the saddle with my head screwed on right soon enough...
Newkid keep your head in the game. keep your losses small enough so you can get them back. Remember the number one thing you need is confidence in yourself. If something is wrong take a walk and clear your head. All traders go through losing streaks. Try to book a few small profits.