Costs of daytrading from home

Hi guys,

I would like to ask the more experienced members about the overhead costs of daytrading from home. I mean how much does it cost you per month to pay for your live quotes, level 2, maybe stock scanner, membership to a chatroom to know where the action is for the day, newsfeed, etc?
I would like to know the costs that one needs to overcome just to breakeven when trading from home.

Thank you.
zero...I get my quotes through IB data and TOS.......no newsfeed, no chatrooms, no level two....TOS does scanning if you want to try and follow 1500 stocks/ etfs and more......never figured out the electric bill increase though....there are many pluses to being at home and also a few minuses............make sure u find a way to get involved with people as it can get lonely and whatever you do , don't try to trade all day......pick some key times and stick to those.....don't stay by the screen all day....I only trade the ES and a few options so maybe others can chime in with their overhead....and make sure you exercise....keep moving....do projects or help the community..or both
t tradj
Originally posted by Manbo

Hi guys,

I would like to ask the more experienced members about the overhead costs of daytrading from home. I mean how much does it cost you per month to pay for your live quotes, level 2, maybe stock scanner, membership to a chatroom to know where the action is for the day, newsfeed, etc?
I would like to know the costs that one needs to overcome just to breakeven when trading from home.

Thank you.