ES 2-8-18

I'm using two magnet zones today and will most likely use breakouts to TARGET one of these......those are 2677 and 2667.....nice ten points in between....great volatility the last few days and using plus or minus 4 etc would not be as useful as using the one minute range and doubling it for a target on a breakout....hope this volatility keeps up...other key area that I like is 2695- 2696 ....way up there.....as usual we will be watching our overnight highs and lows and previous day session ranges but that 95 - 96 is a "secret" volume spot....

EDIT: 9 a.m....due to the volume surge I am adding 2682 into my numbers to work from this morning...not surprising given that swing low that formed there yesterday
I think we have great magnets today...I'm just hoping we find some good ways to use them!!!
newer traders - realize that when volatility picks up you will find that your numbers get get blown past more than usual.....it doesn't affect the usefulness of the numbers but it would make sense to trade smaller and go for bigger targets..... as a quick recap , today we opened at the one minute range surrounding our 2682 number..taking the break of the one minute low went on to grab the 2677 ( which turned into resistance and the it dropped into our 67 and further)..........always easy to look at this in hindsight but I am just pointing out some basic ideas here.....
keep 28 - 32 on your radar for clues....that is where the volume players came in and buyers will have to build and hold above that 4 point range to have any chance from here on in today......also 22.50 is causing a volume stir too !!
Originally posted by BruceM

I'm using two magnet zones today and will most likely use breakouts to TARGET one of these......those are 2677 and 2667.....nice ten points in between....great volatility the last few days and using plus or minus 4 etc would not be as useful as using the one minute range and doubling it for a target on a breakout....hope this volatility keeps up...other key area that I like is 2695- 2696 ....way up there.....as usual we will be watching our overnight highs and lows and previous day session ranges but that 95 - 96 is a "secret" volume spot....

EDIT: 9 a.m....due to the volume surge I am adding 2682 into my numbers to work from this morning...not surprising given that swing low that formed there yesterday

You got that right Bruce.
I've just been trading the 1M price action for 2-3 points. Up to 15 trades a day with this vol. Almost forgot what this was like!

Good luck to all