UK CPI 2021-02-17 07:00 GMT

This data has not produced any good moves for some time, mainly due to Brexit negotiations. However now CPI may be a little more in focus!"
Recent History..
Dec 2020 before the Brexit deal was done, a -0.3 produced no move at all.

Jan 2021 after the Brexit deal, a +0.1 deviation did manage to get a small market reaction.

Trade Plan ..
I think that its worth trading with slippage control of 3 pips on GBPUSD, in the event of a +-0.3 deviation on CPI (YoY), as long as the other CPI lines don't conflict! If we trigger would hope to see at least 10 pips within the first 1 min

Thanks James
Weekly Summary

Hey

How you all feeling about this weeks trading?
Last week's diary was pretty scarce, and I set up only for four trades where only one trade gave us a deviation from the forecast worth taking a risk on. Unfortunately, this one of the rare occurrences which resulted in a slight loss; losses will happen. It's part of the game. A good reminder to do your analysis, Always work out if the potential reward is worth the risk. Remember, this is real money. This loss was minimal, and I'm in profit for the month with two more weeks to go. The diary is pretty light this week too, it isn't necessarily about the number of trades you take. If the markets give us some surprises, we only need one or two. My diary changes minute by minute (tick by tick) just like the markets; however, currently, this is what I'm setting up for this week.

I'm looking for new information in real-time. As the markets change, so will my planned trades. If you don't see a trading plan posted before the trade, I'll let you know why I decided not to trade it, vice versa; if new opportunities come up, I'll post my plan as far in advance as possible, so keep watching this space for updates. I work in real-time so do my plans.
Please feel free to ask questions.

Good luck this week.
James Thatcher