Can you share opinion on position and swing trading?

Hi, fellows!
I have tried active day trading, which meets my personal (mini business needs). I have been wondering whether to use position trading in the future. Can you share your experience with position and/or swing trading?
Many thanks.
Kushaj :))
In my opinion swing trading is a good way to trade. It is very versatile and allows you to spend less time actively trading, so it's a good option for people who don't have a lot of time to trade. You can also use both day and swing trading and take advantage of both.
Originally posted by Dora_WalletInvestor

In my opinion swing trading is a good way to trade. It is very versatile and allows you to spend less time actively trading, so it's a good option for people who don't have a lot of time to trade. You can also use both day and swing trading and take advantage of both.

I completely agree swing is versatile for sure but you have to marry your personality up with the type of trading you want to do. Some suit swing trading because they can hold for a long time others need to be active so scalp. You can try them out and see which suits you best :)
Originally posted by Luckymac

Originally posted by Dora_WalletInvestor

I completely agree swing is versatile for sure but you have to marry your personality up with the type of trading you want to do. Some suit swing trading because they can hold for a long time others need to be active so scalp. You can try them out and see which suits you best :)

Definitely, at the end of the day, it comes down to your personal preferences and circumstances. Everyone's mind works differently, so what timeframe suits someone will be personal, too :)
Position trading is for months on end and i would consider that a 'pension' long term account trade. If you want to trade for a living you need to be a swing trader or intraday. Both have its advantages and disadvantages and it has to suit your personality and free time too
What timeframe you can make a living with highly depends on your starting capital - the more money you have to start with, the longer time frames you are likely to afford. In general, though, I agree that for most people, short timeframes are necessary if they want to be a full-time trader.