Definition of 'Press Conference'
Press conferences are typically held in a room with a podium and a microphone. The person who is giving the press conference will stand at the podium and make their statement. The media will then ask questions, which the person giving the press conference will answer.
Press conferences can be a good way for an organization or individual to get their message out to the public. However, they can also be a risky proposition. If the person giving the press conference is not prepared, they may make a mistake that could damage their reputation.
Here are some tips for giving a successful press conference:
* Be prepared. Know what you want to say and practice your delivery.
* Be clear and concise. Don't ramble on and on.
* Be honest. Don't try to hide anything.
* Be prepared to answer questions. Think about the questions that the media might ask and have your answers ready.
* Be professional. Dress appropriately and act in a professional manner.
Press conferences can be a valuable tool for communicating with the media and the public. However, it is important to be prepared and to take precautions to avoid making mistakes.
Do you have a trading or investing definition for our dictionary? Click the Create Definition link to add your own definition. You will earn 150 bonus reputation points for each definition that is accepted.
Is this definition wrong? Let us know by posting to the forum and we will correct it.