S&P Jan 26th

This chart is worth thousands of USD in education alone

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Alley, I've just noticed that you are placing some emphasis on weekly and double-weekly (e.g. Jan 8 - 19) value areas. I do not recall you working with these value areas as much in the past as you are doing now but that could just be a lack of observation.

So my questions: Are you using weekly value areas more of late, or the same that you have been in the past? When measuring a weekly value area, do you use the calendar weekly or a trailing/rolling number of days in the past? (e.g. last 5 trading days). If calendar, then the follow up question would be: Have you ever looked at the value area of the previous 5 (or N) trading days for areas of support or resistance?
Daytrader you only see here a very small part of the real work that I do on MP. Since 1987 I have been using MP in the yearly, quarterly, monthly, weekly, daily and intra-day timeframes. The concept of using say a 5 day 20 day 50 day rolling profile was something that Don Jones advocated with his meta-profiles but the reality is that there is no hard and fast rule. Distributions start when another has ended. One looks for obvious reference points . within the 4 steps of market activity there are a further approximate 8 steps available. I calculate not just multiple timeframe VA but also track the activity of the dominant trader frequently referred to as the CTi2. To an answer your question more precisely: using more: No . Using the same: yes weekly va measure: calendar weekly and trailing. it s a case of the distribution telling me when to split and start something new.
Thanks Alley!