No registration required! (Why?)

Does anyone really make money trading futures?

Does anyone really make money trading futures?

I am just wondering.

I know I don't. I have tried all the indicators and the chat room gurus, and none of them make money.

I have a suspicion that a lot of the chat rooms for emini trading are just for hobbyists and market enthusiasts and not for serious traders trying to make a business out of trading.

For any new traders out there please be very cautious of paying anyone to mentor you or signing up for training or a chat room. From what I have seen the only people making money in these deals is the mentor, the chat room owner or the author of the training manual.

I would love to hear from you if you are a successful trader making 20% off your account or better over the past year. I know only 5 to 10 percent of traders are supposed to be successful, but I am beginning to think that zero percent of traders are successful over the long haul. Certainly anyone can have a streak of luck and rack up a few good months where they dramatically increase their account size, but these people are normally big risk takers and eventually they blow out their accounts by taking the exact same risks that help double their accounts in the first place.

Thanks in advance for any response.
I used to have the same questions of who does make money and who the top 5% are since everyone says 95% lose money. You need to make sure where you go has a performance page that is real and accurate. [spam/shill link removed] does not kill it every day with 10 points a day, but they do grind out consistent smaller profits usually. Been a member there for about 5 months and I like it. I imagine there are some other good places out there, but more unethical websites than good ones for sure so be careful. I wasted plenty of money with the bad ones before I found [removed]. I plan to review the ES threads all well cause I want to trade all day and [removed] is only open the first 2 hours per day.
Futures trading provide a great earning opportunity but it requires great speculative skill to predict future moves. Experience matters in Future trading.
Originally posted by Bennie_aguilar

Futures trading provide a great earning opportunity but it requires great speculative skill to predict future moves. Experience matters in Future trading.

I too agree. It is like a two sided blade. Need to handle with care.