ES numbers for 3-15-11

1291.75 **** good volume from Monday

1284 - 1285 last weeks low and big volume surge from Monday....testing and running triples down there as I type ******* big area

we'll see what the O/N brings after 3 A.M eastern
sold 1258.00 on that first bounce off the open for +2 on the way back down to the low.

Book is very thin so we need to proceed with extreme caution until the market sorts this mess out....
True that PT...almost looks like O/N liquidity.

Originally posted by pt_emini

sold 1258.00 on that first bounce off the open for +2 on the way back down to the low.

Book is very thin so we need to proceed with extreme caution until the market sorts this mess out....
yeah, w/Japan mess unfolding minute-by-minute, foreign mkts gone nasty and an FOMC mtg today ... needs time to sort out ... dangerous until it does, just watching for now
Originally posted by Lorn

True that PT...almost looks like O/N liquidity.

IB is in, I am selling here at 1268.50 - .25

IB is in, I am selling here at 1268.50 - .25

covered at 66.50
sold the 68.75 re-test after the market flushed out the weak stops 1 tick above at 1269.00

sold the 68.75 re-test after the market flushed out the weak stops 1 tick above at 1269.00

back to flat at 66.75 for another +2
Originally posted by koolblue

As for todays numbers... 1268.75(5 min 2.618)...

Click image for original size
Morning TPO with S/R bracket

Notice where the G rotation stopped !
50% retrace of this big gap down is 1274.50

61.8% retrace is 1279.00
I don't really have a horse in this race. I post my "S/R maps" here and there and point out things I see along the way ... though seldom make trading calls since I primarily trade stocks. BUT I DO FIND VALUE IN MOST POSTS O/N THE ES, THE MARKET, THAT AIDS MY STOCK TRADING THROUGHOUT EACH TRADING SESSION.

And isn't that what this venue is all about? Sharing ideas, and rationale (ongoing education) for what to look for and anticipate in the ES and also when and why trades are initiated has and continues to offer great value to me. And I'm sure it provides the same to so many others. The real beauty of it is that postings come from a variety of different market strategies, tools and approaches!!

And this type of particular thread/topic should be "welcoming" to the "regulars" while inviting new posters. I wish I had the formula and components for laying down some type of guidelines ... but I think that would be, for the most part, counter productive.

Maybe it's as simple as this:

1) posting trades how you made money "after the fact" helps no one, unless it's used as a teaching example where the rationale for the trade is explained.

2) References to previous "calls" for what the market was gonna do might include a link to that post/topic ... but doesn't have to ... and the community of traders here would likely gravitate toward that which is explained.

3) Vigorous debating is not a bad thing ... but if there are more serious and personal potential irritations ... maybe that's the time for a Private Message.

Just offering some thoughts here from a Monkey that finds value and utility in the daily postings.

Any additional thoughts along these lines folks (both regular posters as well as those that follow posting here)?

MM
trading .886 is done in the context of the other tools.. i do not blindly trade every .886: doing so would blow up my account.the computers know this.. time and again the computers will gun price to a .886 in the morning WHERE THERE IS NO OTHER GEOMETRY IN SIGHT... let it sit there for 10 minutes inviting traders who are new to the trade to enter,,, then blow them away...my mentor said this'' before you trade a new setup, know that setup so well that you would be willing to risk your family's well being on that setup alone... short of that, don't trade it''