ES Friday 9-12-14

How I see it....84 - 86 is key area to hold for gap fill and higher...above YD highs I would watch 91.50 - 93.50......hopefully we will be done by then.......I didn't do much work on downside numbers...remember that most trade is below YD close from O/N so that usually helps with a push sometime after 9 a.m.

No video below? Try this link: friday.swf

Great explanations Bruce. Sometimes you stop out and other times you add to your positions. Do you have an underlying philosophy you use for that or is it all situational based?
holding runners and taking new small longs at 81...I wantt his to get back to 83 again
sorry this was too fast so post is late...I wasgetting long under YD VA low and and near that 80 LVN again....just too quick.
Originally posted by BruceM

holding runners and taking new small longs at 81...I wantt his to get back to 83 again

taking 85 now.....and working on a quick vid radyk
here is some of what I do...and yes situational plays a big part on whether I hold and add or exit and try again.....holding in front of that 10 am report was an error today and not taking something off at the 84 just before the report would have been the better play

hope this vid helps

Originally posted by radyk

Great explanations Bruce. Sometimes you stop out and other times you add to your positions. Do you have an underlying philosophy you use for that or is it all situational based?

No video below? Try this link: radyk.swf

nothing working now and flat at 83.25....all runners worked some magic today but i am not going to get my 87 or that gap fill and it's after 11 a.m...can't see trying to hold these any longer...value is building UNDER the bulk of the bell curve I showed in video #1 today...so that would be a concern for me if I was still trading....I would rather see value building above that if the gap fill was coming...
Bruce, that was great. Thanks for taking the time to explain.
could someone if they have time verify my vpoc shifts from yesterdays trade ?.....I want to know if you had shifts down at the 1978 - 79 area too...t
started at 79, moved up to 82.5-82.75 10m or so after the open and then to 84.75 around 11.50 et and stayed there for rest of day (all rth)
thanks apk.....enjoy the weekend....if anyone is trading now we are at S2, the new weekly low and an 80% band of implied volatility...so only 20 % of the time they go lower from here and close beyond the 1973 number...so this could be a good low....I'm just sayin and not playin !