ES Friday 6-23-17

very poor environment for trading and it's Friday...first chart shows the breakdown point from yesterday in "M" period...( I split it out)..so that 36 - 37 is the price sellers want to see it stay under in order to get poor lows mentioned yesterday ( R1 is at 2437 too) ...so we have some confluence there
Click image for original size
daysession

second chart is my favorite and shows how we had two bell curves yesterday separated by a low time spot at 33- 34.....Pivot number today is 33.50 for more confluence.
Click image for original size
tweekly

we also had the close right near center of lower bell at 31.50 and that is only two points away from the pivot/ low time area above...so that makes things more difficult when we have numbers close by

S1 sits down at 2428 which is right near wednesdays poor low and the poc from last week at 2427..........we also have a poor high from yesterday so we can't get too bearish with that sitting up there.......good luck today...I think we will need it...my plan is to trade for 33.25 test from 2435 and above here in Overnight session...not very grand byt that will have us hitting back to current overnight midpoint which happens to be the VA low from yesterday too
Originally posted by Avid

VA High at 37 with S1 as well...

Correction that should read R1 at 37 as well
I think selling at the 37 area is ok as YM is up at it's pivot too for confluence...we have singles at IB breakout and we don't usually just blow through low time spots within a range without a retest so expecting us to be pulled towards the 2433 - 2434 area is logical...just pointing it out for those who feel compelled to trade this on a friday...and also because there is that weekly POC flip concept that I mentioned....ok, gotta run...c ya
I am trying up here for a quick short (37) leaning on these confluence of numbers and Bruce's posting from earlier
Bruce we seem to be posting the same thoughts at the same time..lol. I swear I am not copy and pasting what you're saying.
I don't have va high at 37 from yesterday...I show 38.75

VA High at 37 with S1 as well...
that's good ..

Bruce we seem to be posting the same thoughts at the same time..lol. I swear I am not copy and pasting what you're saying.
Since this is a little short I am taking off at 35.50-36 is what Im thinking
I have the Volume VA high at 37, not sure about the TPO MP version as my charts don't have it
out at 35.50 and done for the day... See everybody on monday
my thinking is they will want to test YD's low again in YM
Just noting the PD high and O/N high held up at 38.50-39, looks like we're getting a nice reaction off this level