Meditating

I've heard from a number of traders that meditate before they start trading. Some listen to classical music, others chant a mantra, whatever works for them.

Yesterday I read in Innerworth that some people juggle. Apparently that requires so much concentration that you cannot think of anything else and so acts as a type of meditation by clearing your mind of all other thoughts and allows you to relax.

There are other traders who would never even think about meditating, which is also cool. What works for one does not necessarily work for the other.

What do you have to risk from trying? Nothing, from what I can work out. I, personally, have not tried to combine any form of meditating with trading. I am, however, thinking about doing so. I like the sound of juggling but don't have 3 appropriate objects yet. I will be working on this theme and report back when I have more information.

If you have had an experience of combining meditating with trading (or anything) and have had a negative or positive experience from doing so then let us know...
I listen to music. I can concentrate better if the music does not have singing or any words in it
I've been using this site recently: http://www.rainymood.com/ to block out noise and allow me to focus on what I'm doing. I find that the sound of rain helps me zone. I'd imagine that it might help you redsixspeed.
I have tried them all...... lol
Brisk walks, aerobics or anything else that elevates your breathing and gets oxygen to the brain.

In my opinion this step is CRUCIAL to do before you take a trade.

I have frozen my ass or sweat like a dog (depending upon the time of year) to take brisk walks before I trade.
Not that this is totally related to trading ... but it's being in the right state of mind ... where creativity and rules come together in the moment(s) of trading, BUT

Stephen King has written most of his novels while listening to hard rock such as Metallica, AC/DC (his fav group) and others. [btw, also was doing an @ssload of drinking and drugs, though I'm not judging]

Granted, one man's audio garbage is another man's audio treasure. But if I could trade like Steve bangs out novels ... well, we'd be jamming together on the git-fiddle after he'd knocked out 20 pages of his next best seller ... and I'd have knocked out 20 ES points for the trading day (preferably with HEAVY size).

Just a Monkey thought.

MM

ps. I actually listen to WRR 101.1 on the radio in Dallas ... broadcasting orchestral pieces from Fair Park where they have the Texas State Fair each year. Not kidding!
And if you really want a WTF flush of any kind of source that'll smack you in your lizard brain portion just above your spinal cord ... THIS IS IT! Talk about a subsequent fresh approach to ES stock chart perception. [this is similar to 'scat' in other places, ie. U.S.]

And if that don't yank your chain ... here's what you can listen to each night before going to bed ... or in the morning before risking your dead presidents:

Sarah McLachlan:

IZ:

Ray Charles:

All about the mindset ... the brain-prep for hitting that first trade!
Got Ray singing Georga over the background rain at the moment. It's a pretty Bad @ss mix actually!

I use to start my morning with AC/DC... It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and roll!

Gotta get back to doing that. Gotta toughen up again!
Originally posted by khamore1

I have tried them all...... lol

========================================================================
khamore1; I bet you thought you had tried them all, till you saw MMs list ...
This for the open :

Originally posted by redsixspeed

I listen to music. I can concentrate better if the music does not have singing or any words in it

My trading music:
http://www.jazzradio.com/

first row .. from left to right .. third on the right
I tend to listen to white noise type music when trading so perhaps I am inadvertently meditating while trading. I like to listen to nature sounds like lapping water, rain, that sort of thing!