Help: Two Questions Please on Pivots

Hi,

Could someone please tell me about what time the Pivots are posted in the morning? I live on the west coast and don't have a handle on the earliest they are posted.

Also, does anyone have a handle on how to figure the Camarilla Equations? I have worked it every which away using the figures given on delta. I cannot get the same results.

Would sure like to be able to do this as then I could put my lines on my chart the evening before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jordane
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

quote:
Originally posted by Jordane

Okay, just 1 basic math error and 1 misunderstanding error.
Here is the "substituted-in" formula:
725.3 + (736.6 - 719.4) * 1.1/4 =

The 1.1/4 at the end is 1.1 divided by 4 and NOT 1 + 1/4. so the end part of the formula:
* 1.1/4 -> (is actually) -> * 0.275
(that was the misunderstanding)

The math error in here:
725.3 + (17.2) * 1.25 =
742.5 * 1.25 = 927.5 <-

Was that you forgot that * (multiplication) takes precedent over addition and that the multiplication should have been done first.

Try it again and if you still don't get the same answers as me then show me your workings again and I'll show you where you went wrong.

Hi Day Trading,

Thank you for the corrections.

But - and this is embarrassing to show my ignorance to the world - but no, still don't get your figures even with the 1.1/4 correction.
The first part still has to be multiplied some time.

725.3 + (17.2) * 0.275
742.5 * 0.275 = ~204.2

Jordane
quote:
Originally posted by Jordane
But - and this is embarrassing to show my ignorance to the world - but no, still don't get your figures even with the 1.1/4 correction.
The first part still has to be multiplied some time.

725.3 + (17.2) * 0.275
742.5 * 0.275 = ~204.2

The mistake is that you're doing the addition before the multiplication. In other words, you are reading it from left to right. What you should be doing is:
17.2 * 0.275 + 725.3

Let me know if that clears it up...?
quote:
[i]
The mistake is that you're doing the addition before the multiplication. In other words, you are reading it from left to right. What you should be doing is:
17.2 * 0.275 + 725.3

Let me know if that clears it up...?

Thanks day trading.

Yes, I finally figured it out last night. Did the S4 for ER2 for today and it came out also.

I looked at it as S4 = C - (Range * 1.1/2) and it cleared it up for me to set the formula up like that.

Thanks loads for your help and your time!

Jordane
You're very welcome. Yes, if you understand that parenthesis take precedent over everything else in math then throwing them into an equation often helps understand it.

If you have any other questions then feel free to ask.
dont feel bad about making that mistake jordane - i have done that plenty of times - sometimes it helps to use ()