Fuzzy Logic and Trading

A thread to discuss fuzzy logic and the using it to forecast the markets.
Hi Gio,

somebody use to send me a "daily" and weekly forecast that was by a subscription...I can't remember the name...I never signed up...they said it was by fuzzy logic but it may be some variation.....it was dreadful.....no offense implied to you Gio......I guess the thing really comes down to

" how specifically do we use it to make money???" if I was long coming into today by this system I would be down big now....

Perhaps you can define some rules or give us some entries and exits ahead of time...that would be cool to track....especially short term......Long term the market goes up anyway so the daily forecasts are what I'd like to see

Bruce
It's displayed here as 'entertainment only'. No trading advise is implied nor should any trades be taken because of this system. I nor anyone else is profit motivated by future sales. I've discussed this briefly with the moderator and he feels it's 'interesting' and maybe a good topic for conversation and that's it.

The system attempts to plot through what I like to call contemporary mathematics a quantum graph of the market which is linear in nature. It has an inherent 18 point 'fudge factor' built in, so, as far as the system is concerned, the SPX was within the acceptable range today.

take care and good trading
Cool Gio...why is 18 points chosen?
quote:
Originally posted by gio5959

It's displayed here as 'entertainment only'. No trading advise is implied nor should any trades be taken because of this system. I nor anyone else is profit motivated by future sales. I've discussed this briefly with the moderator and he feels it's 'interesting' and maybe a good topic for conversation and that's it.

The system attempts to plot through what I like to call contemporary mathematics a quantum graph of the market which is linear in nature. It has an inherent 18 point 'fudge factor' built in, so, as far as the system is concerned, the SPX was within the acceptable range today.

take care and good trading

Actually, the inherent 'fudge factor' can possibly change and most times it varies with the degree of accuracy and it updates after daily closes...especially with wild swings

For instance, tomorrow Jan 9, it's closing value for the SPX is at 1365 with plus or minus of 15 with a correctiveness of 45%

plus or minus of 40 with a correctiveness of 80%

The math behind this system is astronomical..it's done on a spreadsheet and then I convert to a charting software

vulgar fraction arithmetic is a fun hobby..if nothing else it keeps me out of bars at night lol

c ya

Whew!!! That's some heavy stuff.....
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Never seen one of these things that worked over time so I'll be curious to follow yours....

well, here we are at Jan 10 and the SPX is at or higher than 1420

what can i say :)

[file]forecast_for_Jan_10.jpg,126,,0[/file]
Very nice Gio!