Thursday 01-10-08

starting longs at the 1403.50 today.in overnight..target will be up near the 1410...lots of numbers here in this 1402 - 1406 range...so perhaps this will cooperate
the more we attack that 35 area the more likely it will crack......next time through..so I may actually be a breakout buyer if we can get up there in the day session tomorrow
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

I'm not sure we are helping anyone with our posts Gio...I've had a few emails with questions but it seems that participation is low..I was really hoping we where going to get a few others to join in with their ideas either as they trade or after the market closes but this hasn't happened...Perhaps everyone has learned all they need to know or they are looking for the "grail" and this all seems too complicated.....

FYI:I was looking at getting out infront of that evil 1437 number as it's been a though nut to crack...we where almost at 300% of a fairly decent IB so I was thinking overextension...did'nt play the short side but just as well...

yeah no participation, im going to take a break from posting - its too hard for this old brain to trade and post on a daily basis

beside you know what you're doing and you certainly dont need my measly 2 cents to cloud your good trading habits

i'l check back with you from time to time

keep the right side up

quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

I'm not sure we are helping anyone with our posts Gio...I've had a few emails with questions but it seems that participation is low..I was really hoping we where going to get a few others to join in with their ideas either as they trade or after the market closes but this hasn't happened...Perhaps everyone has learned all they need to know or they are looking for the "grail" and this all seems too complicated.....

FYI:I was looking at getting out infront of that evil 1437 number as it's been a though nut to crack...we where almost at 300% of a fairly decent IB so I was thinking overextension...did'nt play the short side but just as well...

Feel like I should chime in, as I've been a silent participant of your daily forums. Not to dissuade BruceM, Gio, and others to stop posting, but this has been quite helpful to someone who is learning the ropes of daytrading the ES. My current approach involves key numbers (fades & breakouts), first 30 and 60 min breakouts, and overall price patterns (pennants, H&S, triangles, Elliott theory, etc). But seeing your applied logic is quite helpful. If nothing else, let me say a BIG thank you for sharing your ideas and expertise. Happy Trading!
Hey guys ,
I have been checking in and reading this forum for about 10 days now, and let me just tell you how thankfull I am to you guys!!! I believe that all of you Bruce, Gio, Pips have a strategy that is working for you - I am not confident in mine yet to share,will do so if I figure out what the heck I am doing! Trading is so hard, hats off to you guys for mastering it!!! I believe that not continuing to post will not be good, but I know it is discouraging if noone will reply. I will try to reply daily - with my 0.25 cents! Also to post during trading hours is hard, I believe before and after to share our thoughts will be extremelly helpful. So if there are any others like me who just watched for a while, pls speak up!!!
Thanks again guys!!!
The Market in the ES today.

Click image for original size
ES 5 min chart with developing Market Profile for 10 January 2008
Bruce, Gio, pips, pt_emini (who is probably on vacation) - thanks for all the posting that you are doing here. I wish that I was able to join you guys with comments as well but I'm otherwise disposed at the moment.

If you feel that this is impacting your profits in any way then I think that it's important that you take care of the trades and your trading foremost and only post to the forum afterwards. I would hate to think that your generosity is affecting your bottom line.

What I've noticed is that participation is something that grows slowly over time and fluctuates in an ebb and flow manner. However, slow and steady usually pays off in the end. I think that we're doing a great job in keeping quality content on this forum and I've received many emails from people stating how much they've learned from here.

Taking breaks is a great idea. I often feel burned out from doing something and take a break from it. Sometimes that break is half a day, sometimes several weeks. You'll know when it's right to come back. You should never feel obligated to post here. Only do that if it's benefiting you in some way. Remember that helping others directly benefits you in many ways but if you find that helping others is not currently benefiting you then take a break until you're ready to come back.

Again, thanks to everyone for all the effort and time they take to ask and answer questions. Every week, at a minimum, I learn something new.
Hey Bruce and Gio..great stuff...you too daytrading.

When we making new lows there..yesterday..

Well check what I said on the Jan 9 log...1425...1435...in a 1-2-3 pattern...no indicators...no nothing..30 pts, 40 pts from the low..I even added it up for you guys..geez..I predicted....Now, I got to get my website up..to sell those $7,000 courses...oh the webinars....hey you got to pony up $999.00 for a seat at the webinar...its on sale today...if you REALLY WANT TO LEARN TRADING, I mean if you really want to learn from a guru...I the man..." I'm a beautiful guy"......I sound like Frank Zappa...

If you take this course..you too can know how to trade....yes you Muffin Man.

But most traders are Muffin Man...Girl you really hung around to find he know NOTHING!!! Goodnight Austin Texas, wherever YOU are...there is a meaning here...for the uneducated.

Add and subtract...THATS ALL YOU NEED....Charts..look at them...like you makn love...you'll get it...after 5,000 hours...like I did.

Yes...Good times Bad times..I had my share.......

But now I know the highs and lows of the s&p and I don't really care.......

go on play than thang..Jimmy, Play boy...Eddie Hazel...Play...

I know I must have lost most of you....but its a puzzle..like trading...figure it out and You on your way...oh yes..without any COURSES!!!

Sorry, I thought I would brag a bit...

"Baby I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time"... emini S&p500..target, target, target.
Thanks to all for the support and feedback. While thinking about my own motives for posting real time I thought about the following:

I thought it would be more credible if things where posted in real time. It seems like many feel that if they don't pay for something then it can't possibly work. So I wanted to demonstrate some consistent ideas over and over that make money. Some have actually sent me email asking for statements....I said to them " hey if you can't just follow the ideas and make them your own then I can't help you". I wouldn't write off any idea just because it's free but some need to pay to assume they are receiving value.....I can't stop them...

I guess this is just my way of saying thanks back at you folks. Thanks for trusting me and all the others who post trading ideas. Thanks for improving them and incorporating them into your own trading.

I think I wanted to "prove" that this stuff actually works to those who doubt. With that said I feel better about posting things after they happen although I will also post during the day if/when I can.

For now I gotta get long some where as that 17.50 ( singles in overnight) should get filled.....LOL ....always ticky when we open inside such a wide overnight range....they'll run out at least one of them...so I begin long at 1411.25..which happens to be near the minus 2.5 and minus 4

Good point DT...one of the many reasons I like this place. It's great to know that there are people enjoying and benefiting from the site. I like that it's low key. This place is like the "diamond in the rough"
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

What I've noticed is that participation is something that grows slowly over time and fluctuates in an ebb and flow manner. However, slow and steady usually pays off in the end. I think that we're doing a great job in keeping quality content on this forum and I've received many emails from people stating how much they've learned from here.