ES-09-24-08

Squeezed off one trade only , on globex. Bought mov. avg. minus 10 support at 1189.75, and covered 2 min. later at 1192.75...plus 3 .Yesterdays action was normal so far,but....THERE IS NO WAY I WANT TO SEE THIS MARKET GO BELOW 1153.Other than that, i would expect more up and down but basically sideways action untill it becomes clear that congress is going to pass Hank and Bens bailout plan.
covering ...too nervous
wow, got lucky (expected mini high around 10:42) out at 1192.00 plus 3 up well so far
mov. avg. holing it (so far) currently 1194.12
5 min. %r just kissed 91.27 but my sell trigger is a move above 92 then back down
TRYING TO BREAK ABOVE AVG. if it does youll probably see a test of ib high aroun 1202
needs more time cause 5 min. is just too over bought, but 15 min has a long way to go...looking for a buy
volume too weak up here, i think we go back to visit 87
No mans land for me...5 min wickedly over bought, 15 on a solid buy with a long way to go. side ways for a while?
here comes 1189
GREAT CALL, POP! .618 retracement of the 1182.25 low to 1195 high. I dont like that 30 min. candle .. if we dont break above 1195 by 11:30 could be heading lower.
Hi Gio,

I'm not sure if I ever posted an official thread on this type of trade but I'll look around. I know I've been rambling about it in posts for almost two years here so there must be something I put together...

Here is the basic concept for me :

I'm looking at volume and $ tick extremes...preferably in the first 90 minutes.....a volume spike is more important to me than the $tick but prefer to see the extremes together.....that usually means over 800 on the $tick on the high side and minus 600 - 700 on the downside

I'm looking for the extremes to hit on the volume into a key number....I want to know if the volume is attracting more of the same...or if capitulation has just happened...even if on a short term basis...

This makes good technical sense because we have the following:

1) a key number where many are watching
2) a spike in volume to show that people are interested at the key level mentioned in bullet #1
3) a $ tick extreme for more evidence that an extreme may be in

As you know I'm a fader so I'm watching to see if the volume is being accepted or rejected......when you think about it this happens at all prices...they will be

a) Rejected fast and the market will retrace
b) Accepted fast and the market keeps going
c) accepted or rejected slowly

These volume spikes become magnest for the current session and future sessions...the idea being that if the price was attractive to give a volume spike then some big players where there to creat the volume spike....

I watch the one minute for these......

As I'm typing we have a volume spike at the 1200 - 1204. area today...and we are testing it after we rejected it earlier...

If you are watching these outside of the 90 minutes and the "Window " strategy...see the pitbull threads for that then you need to fiqure out if they will reject it there or accept it...look at yesterdays 1212 number...the general theory states that the more time is spent at the number then the more participants are ok with it and aren't repositioning off it as fast as they did before....

Ok..this is a start......

this is for the ES and the one minute is only used to see the spike...