For Alex

Hello Friends:

Let me apologize up front for posting something that has nothing to do with our trading. But please read on, and you will understand why I am taking this priviledge as a member of this group.

On September 6th my 22 year old nephew, Alex Convertito, was in a terrible auto accident caused by a drunk driver. He's still in the ICU at St. Vincent's Hospital in Bridgeport, CT. with numerous injuries, on a ventilator and paralyzed from the waist down. A second surgery to stabilize his spine is scheduled for November. As you might imagine, his medical bills and projected costs for extended therapy are staggering, far exceeding his insurance maximum. Alex's parents, family and friends...and strangers who care...are doing everything they can to support Alex with their prayers and contributions,

There are several fundraisers being organized to help with Alex's medical costs. I've attached a copy of a flyer that describes one that is planned for Nov 20th. As you can see it seeks to elicit donations and items that can be auctioned off on behalf of Alex. I don't know how, or if you are inclined to help. But, given the kindness and generosity exhibited by the members of this group in the past, I feel compelled to bring this situation to your attention.

If there is any way that you can help, or if you know of any other person or organization who can help...it would be sincerely appreciated. Please contact me if you would like additional information, or have any questions. Otherwise, the flyer attached contains the necessary contact information.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

PaulR

Click link to access uploaded file:
Final_Dance_Poster.pdf

Paul R. Ianuly
26 Constantine Dr
Phoenix, MD 21131
410-666-5630

PS: If you Google Alex Convertito you will see some of the coverage regarding his accident and subsequent events.
Hi Paul,

Sorry to hear about Alex's injuries.

I wonder if MADD
mothers against drunk drivers
could help in your fund raising or donate money?
Thanks, Ian. Will check it out.
thanks for posting that Paul.....I've had good experiences with the care in Bridgeport as that is my old stomping ground....I'm sure the good people that read this forum will continue to extend their generosity
Thank you Bruce for letting me post that.
Paul,

My sincere concern and well-wishes go out to your nephew Alex, you and all family and friends. I know it's a really tough time dealing with something like this ... out of the blue ... and when someone is so young. My hopes for the best and fullest recovery!

BR
Thank you all for your good wishes for Alex. His 3rd surgery on 10/30 went well. He's off the ventilator and may be going to the Shepherd Center in Atlanta in a week or two. Here's a link to their site.

http://www.shepherd.org/

FYI, I have established a fundraising web page that will give people who are inclined an opportunity to directly lend their support to Alex. Please have a look, and please redistribute the link so that others can help, as well.

http://www.giveforward.org/Alex/

Thank you all very much on behalf of Alex, his Parents and Family.