Pivot Points

Guy,

Two questions:

1. I find that your Classic numbers for R3/S3 and R4/S4 come up different than a handful of the other Calculators on the internet. Any help explaining why this would be, would be appreciated.

2. I am trying to input your formula's into my own Excell spreadsheet. I am somehow making a mistake typing in your Camarilla formula's. I'm not understanding how to type "C=RANGE*1.1/12" into an Excell spreadsheet. Could you explain that formula? What is "1.1/12", "1.1/6" and "1.1/4" ?

You have done a great thing with you efforts.

Thank you,

Kevin
I suppose that the real answer to all of this is to take all the formulae you find and run each of them through a back tester against the rules and risks that you use and the market that you trade in and see which set of formulae provide the highest probability trades. I wish I had time to do that at the moment but I don't.

If you or anybody else is interested in doing that as an exercise you can use that Excel template and backtest example that I set up for determining if the probability of the high or low of the day was more likely to be near a pivot point or not. i.e. Did the 2 unambiguous turning points of the day (the high and low) fall closer to a pivot point rather than randomly selected lines nearby.
Guy & mkzzz,

This is really getting interesting!

Honestly, this is what we need.
To get to the bottom of all this.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you,

Kevin
mkzzz,

Where did you find that last formula.
Who uses it?

Thanks,

Kevin
Guy & mkzzz,

This is getting pretty wild.
Ok, so what formula's are correct?

Kevin

I really wish that I had the time to test each of the formula. I guess that I will write a test program at some point in the future to do this and run each formula through the test process automatically so that it is error free and will hopefully produce comparible results.

I'll publish it all when I've done it by no time at the moment to do it. Very sorry.
quote:
Originally posted by mkzzz

Re:http://ddata.over-blog.com/xxxyyy/0/00/38/66/calculator1.html

Ok sorry. The formulas are not actually listed. I reverse engineered the form and this is what it is:

Floor Pivots
R3= PP+(2*H)-(2*L)
R2= PP-S1+R1
R1= (2*PP)-L)
PP= (H+L+C)/3
S1= 2*(PP)-H)
S2= PP-R1+S1
S3= PP-(2*H)+(2*L)

Camarilla Pivots
R4= ((H/L)+1)/2)*C
R3= ((H/L)+3)/4)*C
R2= ((H/L)+5)/6)*C
R1= ((H/L)+10)/11)*C
PP= (H+L+C)/3
S1= C-(R1-C)
S2= C-(R2-C)
S3= C-(R3-C)
S4= C-(R4-C)

Woodie Pivots
R3= H+(2*PP)-(2*L)
S3= L-(2*H)+(2*PP)
S1= 2*(PP)-H
PP= (H+L+(2*TodaysO))/4
R1= (2*PP)-L
R2= PP-S1+R1
S2= PP-R1+S1

Demark HiLo Projections
R= ((H+L+C+L)/2)-L
S= ((H+L+C+L)/2)-H

I apologize for my ignorance, but I'm puzzled by an alternative set of Demark projections which I found at
http://www.deltat1.com/DailyNotes/notes5.htm#alternate

Tom DeMark "Pivot Points"
Condition: C < O C > O C = 0
X (H + (L * 2) + C) ((H * 2) + L + C) (H + L + (C * 2))

R1 = X / 2 - L
PP = X / 4 (this is not an official DeMark number but merely a reference point based on the calculation of X)
S1 = X / 2 - H

I don't understand the conditions C<0, C>0 and C=0. What is C? Certainly C is not the close (except in the formulae below the Condition line).
quote:
Originally posted by nonelite traderI don't understand the conditions C<0, C>0 and C=0. What is C? Certainly C is not the close (except in the formulae below the Condition line).

Yes, C is the close.
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

quote:
Originally posted by nonelite traderI don't understand the conditions C<0, C>0 and C=0. What is C? Certainly C is not the close (except in the formulae below the Condition line).

Yes, C is the close.

It's rare that I'm so embarassed. I thought the "O" in the above conditions was the numeral zero, not the letter O. Sorry for troubling you, and thanks for responding.
Ah... I see your thought process and yes - that's an easy mistake to make. I'm going to be editing those pages and I will try and remember to change O's to Open to avoid future confusion. Thanks for pointing that out and don't worry - it happens to all of us.
Hi guys,

In the demark equation, is O = previous open or todays open?

Thanks,

- iso
quote:
Originally posted by iso

Hi guys,

In the demark equation, is O = previous open or todays open?

Thanks,

- iso

I believe that it is the previous open.