Lynn's Trading Journal

I am going to start posting my daily results trading the S&P and YM emini.

I have already posted in other forums and have been scolded about saying things I should not have mentioned. So I am posting my results only.

Lynn W.
Originally posted by lwhitmore

I have already posted in other forums and have been scolded about saying things I should not have mentioned. So I am posting my results only.

Posting your results only won't help. You need to post your trade intention before you take the trade.

If you just post your results at the end of the day everyone will still think that you're a shill. If you post your trade before you take it then readers of your journal can verify that you're not a shill.
Lynn,

You won't be giving away any secrets....how many pages is your "manual" for either system and ,separately, money management..?
Agree with you DT..that would be useless and only looked at as an attempt to justify the Tick Trader course....now if you are going to educate us on the setups or supply something of value then that might help
Originally posted by day trading

Posting your results only won't help. You need to post your trade intention before you take the trade.

If you just post your results at the end of the day everyone will still think that you're a shill. If you post your trade before you take it then readers of your journal can verify that you're not a shill.
You know what? I give up. I set out to show my results and I have been kicked down for doing so.

I've answered everyone's questions and I still get this kind of response.

With that said. I am going to post my trades, as you all suggested I do. I am than signing off. If you feel I am a shill or a liar, please don't come back to my thread and you won't have to worry that much about it.

Does that work better?

Now on to MY trading results using a system I am told I am not allowed to talk about.
2 trades on the sp +4 / +7
1 trade on the dow +20 ticks.

Have a good night everyone.

Lynn W.
You were not asked to "talk" about your "system, Lynn.

Just post your entries/exits...

How many pages is the manual?

Pink
The original "David Marsh Tick Trader" thread was not started by Lynn, she joined in on the discussion mid-stream and shared her experiences with both David Marsh and TI prior to that. In that thread Lynn shared her e-mail correspondence with David Marsh and his response to the questions we raised in that thread. I didn't really like Mr. Marsh's answer to my concerns, but accepted that is the position he has chosen to take even though I do not personally agree with it. Any issue or questions anyone has that is associated with Mr. Marsh and his trading advisory service belongs in the appropriate thread which is not this thread.

I trust we will show Lynn the same courtesy and respect we expect others to show us. She has been open and forthright in sharing her experiences and in her answers to questions.

If Lynn is a "shill" for David Marsh, and I am not accusing her of that because I do not believe she is. But for the sake of argument, suppose she is, then by posting "her" results, she will be providing the trading results of the David Marsh system that we requested from him and he refused to provide to us in the original thread. I will state once again, I personally do not see any evidence Lynn is misrepresenting herself at this time. I am choosing to give Lynn the benefit of the doubt here, and assume she is simply searching for a trading method that is consistently profitable. If I am wrong on this point, I will be the first to admit my mistake. I am willing to give all this a little time to see how things play out.

Based on what I saw in the David Marsh video's that I watched, the system is somewhat black box with respect to entry signals. Lynn, if she is willing, could provide a few charts with markups showing entry or exit points, or could list the price and time of entry and exit for her trades without disclosing or divulging proprietary information which she has agreed to not disclose without authorization from Mr. Marsh. This would be up to her however. If Lynn wants to simply post some basic results or statistics at the end of the trading day, this is her choice because this is her trading journal. Obviously the more information Lynn shares in her journal the more useful it will be for everyone participating.

Now on to MY trading results using a system I am told I am not allowed to talk about.
2 trades on the sp +4 / +7
1 trade on the dow +20 ticks.

Have a good night everyone.

Lynn W.

Lynn, on your ES trading results, is that +4 ticks or + 4 points (=16 ES ticks) ? Also, I assume your trading the electronic E-Mini contract (ES), not the big floor contract (SP) ?

You know what? I give up. I set out to show my results and I have been kicked down for doing so.

On the contrary. We've been telling you how you can demonstrate that you are not a shill. By posting your entry before or when you make it and then coming back and posting the exit. Everyone will then be able to see that you entered at the price you said you did and exited when you said you did. That will settle this very easily.
I've answered everyone's questions and I still get this kind of response.

No you haven't. You've been asked to post your trade intentions ahead of execution. Why don't you do that?
With that said. I am going to post my trades, as you all suggested I do.

No we didn't suggest that. We suggested that you post your intentions ahead of trading them.

Understand this. We are NOT calling you a shill. We ARE showing you how you can demonstrate the validity of what you're doing.
Just because somebody does not post ahead of trading does not make them a shill. If the person is not selling anything, they should not be asked to defend their position. This is going to deter people from posting and the very purpose of sharing is defeated
Maybe I'm just a simpleton village idiot ... dunno. But, if posting results is the gig ... well, I see no value in that offered inside of the mypivots community. Perhaps a screenshot of your trading screen and description of the setup, entry and rationale would be decent enough. But it would still only be like trading from the left side of the screen unless one calls/posts trade entry and exit specifics in real time ... or posts a screen grab of the actual position (non-sim-mode).

This is a basic core issue that has been hit on and described on this site again and again over time ... and on other sites.

Why the hell would someone want to post undocumented trading results is beyond me. What value is there in that for the place and environment they're posting said results in??? It eludes me and at this point I find it insane ... seriously!

There is virtually ZERO value in posting after-the-fact "so called" point/trade results. NONE! Either call it specifically in real time or at least post chart (or other) analysis that you describe in decent detail. In the end though, it's really all just bull**** unless you post screen captures of your actual trading log NON-SIM!

Why do folks keep doing the "Watch my results after the fact" posts. It wastes time ... wastes a thread ... and is beyond "suspect" - PERIOD! Damn, I've been exposed to this kinda BS during the past 2 decades. F%$king nut up to it if you're gonna post this kinda thang!

Ok ... off my soapbox for now ... my apologies for any offense ... nah, it is what it is.
C'mon dude;

You KNOW better!

David Marsh is a vendor and his ghetto f*cking guarantee is bogus.

Though if I had the chance I would like to screw his 'of age' daughter(s) if has any.

peace

s1.0