ES short-term trading 06-15-10

This is the week of JUN futures expiration.

Comments based on SEP futures...

Whatever the case may be, the O/N sure looked like a successful DB test of last week's High and I have to guess right now that a test of yesterday's H is in play.
now there is an air pocket
euro now breaking to new highs on the day (could be last Hurrah for tha day).

3 pushes have taken place in the ES.

have to wait for 1-2-3 sell.

5 day average of H versus open comes in today at 1105.00
5 day average of the L versus the Opencomes in today 1085.50

these are just averages.

gap open 91.25 to 86.00, but I have noticed plenty of times that a gap fill can put on the brakes on the first test of a swing H from the previous day. Swing high in the gap would be bar that completed at 3:50pm yesterday, that H was 89.25

historically odds still do favor a gap fill, but PA rules and the market has to display something that suggests price weakness.
Originally posted by PAUL9

euro now breaking to new highs on the day (could be last Hurrah for tha day).

3 pushes have taken place in the ES.

have to wait for 1-2-3 sell.

5 day average of H versus open comes in today at 1105.00
5 day average of the L versus the Opencomes in today 1085.50

these are just averages.

gap open 91.25 to 86.00, but I have noticed plenty of times that a gap fill can put on the brakes on the first test of a swing H from the previous day. Swing high in the gap would be bar that completed at 3:50pm yesterday, that H was 89.25

historically odds still do favor a gap fill, but PA rules and the market has to display something that suggests price weakness.

Great Analysis! thank you.
DAR analysis shows that we've almost reached high of day. Will be looking to short 1106.25.
3 Dar is just a guidline...we need to now be thinking where at least 45 - 50 points of weekly range is going to trade . If Monday is the low then we will see 1025 this week and higher. Breakout was 1101,50 print...so if we close below that on Wednesday ( which is the 3 war confirmation day) then we will see 1075 this week.

I was doing indoor surfing as I am on a mini vacation with the family...I tried one failed trade today from my laptop so I won't be doing any more trades till Thursday///Glad I missed the trend day today...we are now only about 5 points above mondays high so lets not get carried away with the trend idea and higher prices just yet.