ES Short Term Trading 7-28-2010

Range Based S/R for July 28, 2010

R1 = 1122
S1 = 1102.75
R2 = 1125.125
S2 = 1099.625
what are we looking at with that last chart...? Besides some "www" addresses on the chart.....we don't mind commercials for sites as long as we are learning something...so why the long besides the key rat of 1000 ?
Your too kind Ian...sorry if I need to be a real ass sometimes...just don't want this to get carried away...anyway here is a chart that explains a few of my posts and specifically why I abandoned my quest to get triples ( I tried twice and failed) and reversed.....hopefully some of this will make sense...
Click image for original size
abandonship
Originally posted by BruceM

what are we looking at with that last chart...? Besides some "www" addresses on the chart.....we don't mind commercials for sites as long as we are learning something...so why the long besides the key rat of 1000 ?

Most likely looking for a bounce off 1,100 as it was the first retest of that support level since 7/26?

I would have taken it too except my intermediate trend is short and I don't like to go against that trend. Won't say it can't be done but I prefer to follow the trend.

PS. why does everyone keep referring to 1,0..? Aren't we in the 1,1.. range?
you are correct Mike...that's my bad!!! 1100.....it is..
Originally posted by hari

Some of you may have been trading for more than a decade, what is the smallest daily range you remember seeing in ES (RTH)?
The range today ( so far ) is only 8 points.

If I remember correctly it was something like 3.25 points and it was the day before Thanksgiving Day.
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Hey David ... you left off a couple of lines ... it's cool, I fixed it.

Click image for original size
chartart

I think we need a hall of fame Thread.... perfect start... and no offense intended David, if the indicators have meaning to you that is what is important..... but this made me giggle several times today... and giggling is a good thing for someone trying to make a living trading.
Cheers
Originally posted by Big Mike

Originally posted by BruceM

I agree Kool but I guess those of us who have posted RTH trades for years have probably earned some credit....IN general I agree...I need to address Big Mike later as I didn't like that post today...no value and to tell me you are short two ticks off the high and covered two ticks off the current low is ridiculous...only becasue it was "after the fact"

Now if he took the time to really explain why the sell took place in detail and he could repeat that over time then I'd be impressed

If you want prognostication for tomorrow, here is what I will do if/when it presents itself.

Short around 1096 with initial target of 1090. If it screams there, I will go to B/E and look for 1086 and lower.

Again, good luck to all. I do appreciate everyone's efforts to help each other. Maybe I should go back to lurking?

Posted last night, traded today 1096-1090 no heat.
Originally posted by day trading

Originally posted by hari

Some of you may have been trading for more than a decade, what is the smallest daily range you remember seeing in ES (RTH)?
The range today ( so far ) is only 8 points.

If I remember correctly it was something like 3.25 points and it was the day before Thanksgiving Day.

Thanks DT.