ES Short Term Trading 9-20-10

Have a daily and 60min ES. The daily has 50(blue) and 200(red) SMA's ... plus I've got an Andrews Pitchfork that I drew in over a week ago that may have some usefulness depending on your approach to the market. Both charts are All Hours Trading. The 60min chart of Price Action S/R levels are in dark blue with the Wkly Pvts "in the background" as dashed cyan lines.

This is just a MAP of potential S/R levels for my own trading. What I'm finding more and more difficult is how heavily to way the RTH chart readings of S/R with the All Hours. Anyway, it's a melding of the two. Hope this is helpful as a departure point/map for Monday's trading.

Click image for original size
es daily continuous for 92010

es 60m continuous for 92010

Using TS for now as TOS (which I've posted charts of the last few months) is Monkeying with my mind ... can't get comfortable with it yet I guess.
Here is a look at the action into the open. A fall to VWAP but holding currently.

footprint 9202010
on 32.50...magnet is 28.75.....stop at 34..just trading ..
Good to see you Bruce.

Originally posted by BruceM

So some interesting action so far today. Big move up and now in a range with volume building within it. This is setting up for attempted breaks of this range either above or below. We shall see.

footprint 9202010a
TY, lorn..a good first trade even if runners didn't hit target...

I had the plus 8- 10 zone and the O/N of Fridays session....and loads of Tick and Volume divergence that needed to be absorbed

I was thinking of trying again in afternoon session but look at how we consolidated ABOVE the hour high ( so we accepted price) that coupled with the type of open we had as per MP...u can tell I reread dalton on "vacation" ......ha..! Also had a chance to read up a bit on Raschke ideas...always good to get grounded in the simple ideas again...

Originally posted by Lorn

Good to see you Bruce.

A working vacation huh?

TY, lorn..a good first trade even if runners didn't hit target...

I had the plus 8- 10 zone and the O/N of Fridays session....and loads of Tick and Volume divergence that needed to be absorbed

I was thinking of trying again in afternoon session but look at how we consolidated ABOVE the hour high ( so we accepted price) that coupled with the type of open we had as per MP...u can tell I reread dalton on "vacation" ......ha..! Also had a chance to read up a bit on Raschke ideas...always good to get grounded in the simple ideas again...

yes and very selective...tomorrow I hopefully get free from these "wrappings".....I'm stalling as I am not looking forward to changing my kids diaper once again.....LOL!! My wife has had a ton of work around here....she needs a break!!