ES Short Term Trading 01-10-2011

ON profile for everyone.

Click image for original size
onprofile01102011
Does it matter? LOL I'm posting the time and the price and objectives with a voiding point. Plus follow ups as it unfolds in real time, posting the price and the time, nhen I can....No buddy cares how much one makes or looses. What they care is if they can use the info in their favor. I do hoppe that works out for every one.-

Originally posted by BruceM

where and why was your entry...I've noticed you post exits but I don't see entry////perhaps you can clear that one up for me...thank s
Originally posted by i1hunter

ES hit 1268.00. exited and closed shop. Will see what it has for us tomorrow.

ES trading 1267.50 @ 12:32 .

ES just moved above 1264.00. The objective is at 1268.00 and possibly 1269.00.
(It's possible for small zig-zag in this area 1262-1266.00)

Moving below 1261.00 will void the above.

As always, the market has the last word and in due time will show us the way.

ES trading 1264.25 @ 12:08

For some further perspective on the day notice the second HVN at 1267.75 from last week was one tick from the high.

Click image for original size
30minmp01102011a
so I am not learning any thing from the comments....I think most would want to know "WHY" but I won't speak for others....u do as u see fit.....I'm more concerned with why people enter and exit where they do......I'm not concerned with your actually trade just the reason for a bias would do or a reason for an exit

Does it matter? LOL I'm posting the time and the price and objectives with a voiding point. Plus follow ups as it unfolds in real time, posting the price and the time, nhen I can....No buddy cares how much one makes or looses. What they care is if they can use the info in their favor. I do hoppe that works out for every one.-

where and why was your entry...I've noticed you post exits but I don't see entry////perhaps you can clear that one up for me...thank s

Ok. Look in the 60m chart. Bruce we talked about double bottom and double tops. In a different context but many things can be extrapolated from those post few days back.

In today's 60M chart, all sessions, you will notice a double bottom. Just about any isolator was in oversold, plus the 2 minutes chart was also in oversold at about 10:06. The beauty of this double bottom at 1258.00 was that yesterday's low was at 1257.75! I enter at 12 59.50 with stop at 1257.50. (I entered at 1259.50 because my daily Deg. had 1259.50 at 45 Deg) One trade today. that was it. As I said before in a previous post. I'm always looking for double bottoms....Some times they work, and when they do hmmm nice. Hope this helps.

so I am not learning any thing from the comments....I think most would want to know "WHY" but I won't speak for others....u do as u see fit.....I'm more concerned with why people enter and exit where they do......I'm not concerned with your actually trade just the reason for a bias would do or a reason for an exit

Bruce, thank you for sharing your end of year analysis.

On the runner issue, I just wanted to throw in my two cents worth of opinion: back in the day, when minimum daily ranges were at least 12 ES points, and the good sessions we would see 20-25 point range days once or twice every week in the ES. A runner for me would be 4-6 or even 8-10 ES points per trade. These days, given this low volatility drifty environment, a runner for me is now 6-8 ticks. The thought of a 6 point ES trade does not even enter my mind. Lorn's 5 minute VWAP chart really shows just how challenging this trading environment is right now. December was just brutal for volatility in the ES.
You bring up a good point and hopefully I didn't mislead anyone with my numbers. They were not suppose to be specific numbers as I am a discretionary trader on entries and exits but they usually line up with "spikey" points on the charts. Highs and lows, overnight numbers and of course the air pockets. So I'm not blindly holding onto trades for a specific point amount as a target but I will try to hold on for additional objectives. They may be 2- 3 points away or 6 points or 10 points etc...but these are usually a function of the volatility.

I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to take out 6 points of a 6 point range etc...
Originally posted by pt_emini

Bruce, thank you for sharing your end of year analysis.

On the runner issue, I just wanted to throw in my two cents worth of opinion: back in the day, when minimum daily ranges were at least 12 ES points, and the good sessions we would see 20-25 point range days once or twice every week in the ES. A runner for me would be 4-6 or even 8-10 ES points per trade. These days, given this low volatility drifty environment, a runner for me is now 6-8 ticks. The thought of a 6 point ES trade does not even enter my mind. Lorn's 5 minute VWAP chart really shows just how challenging this trading environment is right now. December was just brutal for volatility in the ES.
thanks for taking the time explaining...I appreciate it

Ok. Look in the 60m chart. Bruce we talked about double bottom and double tops. In a different context but many things can be extrapolated from those post few days back.

In today's 60M chart, all sessions, you will notice a double bottom. Just about any isolator was in oversold, plus the 2 minutes chart was also in oversold at about 10:06. The beauty of this double bottom at 1258.00 was that yesterday's low was at 1257.75! I enter at 12 59.50 with stop at 1257.50. (I entered at 1259.50 because my daily Deg. had 1259.50 at 45 Deg) One trade today. that was it. As I said before in a previous post. I'm always looking for double bottoms....Some times they work, and when they do hmmm nice. Hope this helps.