GOING INSANE HERE

i am in the process of developing a new mechanical strategy and NOTHING is working. i've literallly spent 20+ hours in the last 3 days on this with all losers. i am at the point where i am out of ideas.

ive tried overnight highs lows, previous day high and lows, air pockets, Bruce's RATs, gaps, mid-day levels, hourly's, +/-4 and +/-8 levels...trend setups that use breakouts of key levels, counter trend setups using the above, and other weird **** i came up with. what is going on? i used to be able to do this super quickly and all of a sudden i find nothing works. it's like june is the bulldozer of months and all the other months previous are totally different. i cant get something that works in all environments. what am i doing wrong here?

anybody have ANY ideas PLEASE...my head feels like it's going to blow...
Here is a great point.

I disagree with this market view. But you know what, whether I'm right or Red is right, it doesn't really matter, because both Red and I can make money with our respective view points. The world is a big place and there is enough room for all of us....at least in my opinion.

Originally posted by redsixspeed

as long as the Fed is in the market and election is near the trend should be up or at least at a point where it won't go down much .. idk .. just my way of thinking ...
Originally posted by feng456

Maybe what I need to look for then is a trend system and a nontrend system and switch between those? Maybe the switch signal would be when one fails horribly and the other does really well for "x" months/weeks....am I thinking in the right direction here?

Generally, a "nontrend system" works well on a day after a trend day (MATD). You just have to figure out whats the next day would be like by looking at the charts, MP or Crabel Price Patterns (at MyPivots).
Pay special attention when it's a NR4 or NR7 day.
You mentioned about "backtesting" systems. The trouble with backtesting is that, it doesn't tell you the ECONOMIC NEWS of the day that may have influenced that particular trading day. I still believe in testing systems in live markets - when you can see "the markets warts and all" and make your decision accordingly. This is were you gain valuable experience.
Systems...Systems don't work mmmmmmkay

Systems are bad mmmmkay

Click image for original size
images
Originally posted by myptofvu

Systems...Systems don't work mmmmmmkay

Systems are bad mmmmkay

Click image for original size
images

still lurking?