Wise Ass does not know when to keep his mouth shut

Well I really did it this time! I got banned from the best chat room on MIRC.

I hope my ban is not permanent, don't like like getting slapped in the face with trout or eating crow for that matter. But I earned it.

If the powers that be ever decide to let me back in I promise not to be such a wise ass.

(on a serious note it is very disturbing when people go off topic while others are trading - guilty)

evers

You must have really annoyed them evers because they are a very tolerant bunch of people and only react once they've been provoked/annoyed several times.

Who banned you?
Yeah, I definitely was out of line. I heard the funniest Dick Cheney Duck Hunting jokes. But not the right place or time for it. Then sort of overtly dared the admin by commenting how I can change my ip address, not too smart on my part.

And they were right for bumping me off. If the ban is permanent I will miss that group, they have some real talent there......

(some admin named Deputy Dog I think....)

Deputy Dog is very reasonable - and you were obviously asking for it. I'm not sure how long he'll put you in the cooler for - possible that it's permanent. Those sorts of actions certainly don't help the other traders in the channel so you can't really blame them for kicking you.

He probably got several complaints from other people in the channel before he banned you - that's how it normally works.
DD prefers we keep the politics out of the main trading room.

Threatening to sneek around a ban is a fast way to get yourself K-Lined from the Othernet server.
You can always set-up an alternate #emini room which is a free-for-all. EG: Just type /join #emini_alt and you will become an OP of a brand new room. Then post in #emini that people that want to talk "off-topic" come and join you in that room and leave #emini for trade setups.
quote:
Originally posted by evers

Yeah, I definitely was out of line. I heard the funniest Dick Cheney Duck Hunting jokes. But not the right place or time for it. Then sort of overtly dared the admin by commenting how I can change my ip address, not too smart on my part.

And they were right for bumping me off. If the ban is permanent I will miss that group, they have some real talent there......

(some admin named Deputy Dog I think....)

What happened here? Did you get back into the room? Where exactly is this room anyways? What does it cost to join? What does it specialize in?
I don't know if evers ever solved his/her problem. Deputy Dog is a reasonable guy so I'm sure it was resolved.

The #emini trading room is a room that runs on the Othernet IRC network. You can get into it through a web browser or the popular mIRC application. It doesn't cost anything and specializes in the E-mini's such as the E-mini S&P500 (ES), the E-mini NASDAQ-100 (NQ) the Dow Mini (YM) etc. Traders in there are often talking about other symbols and instruments etc. and they often post their trades.