Getting Started

I have read books on market profile , and bought dvd's on the subject from Jim Dalton. As a matter of fact i am reading the book again. But i feel it is time to learn via hands on. Is there anyone out there that can recommend a good trading room? By the way the title of the book is Mind over Markets. My goal is not to rely on the trading room forever, but to learn enough to trade on my own.
Ronron, welcome to the forum. In my opinion you won't find a better place than right here. When the forum is active there are volumes to be learned here. I'm not sure what it is you are looking for in a trading room but you will find a wide variety of methods, styles, and opinions. Also charts, trade set-ups and post trade reviews. I know the most important thing I've learned over the past few years is that everyone is different, we may coincide on our overview of the market or various levels of interest but when it comes down to it you have to trade what you see for the reasons you see it. There are many styles to adapt to and I believe you are correct that the only way to learn this is by doing. The biggest obstacle you have to overcome is yourself and until you realize and tame the demons that reside within you cannot realize success. No amount of book learnin' and tape watching can prepare you for the emotion once you hit send and your good old hard earned cash is at the mercy of Mother Market and all the millions of other traders out there who have a keen interest, and their own opinion of what that price should be doing.

I hope to see you around, and good luck in your quest.
This is a practical field. So reading book is almost a waste of time. Instead I suggest you to follow a good and reliable Forex for beginners online course and study it throughly first. Such causers are available online for free. But you have to find a genuine and up to dated one. Then practice with a high quality demo account. It will increase your confident.
Hi all, how could I get historical 1 min e-mini S&P500 data for the past 6 months? thanks a lot
In my experience, one of the most interesting features offered by online forex brokers for the newbie forex trader consists of the demo or practice account. Before the advent of this type of online account, new traders would often enter their trades on paper rather than executing them in the market. This gives new traders an opportunity to access the special features and educational materials.
You might also want to give this trading education a try. This trading course consists of some very nice content for understanding trading strategies and trading tools.
You really have to purposely read some articles about Forex trading if you are a beginner. You have to fully understand the market. The foreign exchange market is not dominated by a single market exchange, but a global network of computers and brokers from around the world. So, you really have to be aware of its environment.
Yes, there are a lot of books present on the markets to know well about the trading world and techniques. You need to be a good learner if you want to be a successful trader. What do you people think in this regard? Are you a good learner?