ES Wednesday 11-19-14

Yesterday we hit both the 1/2 band and the 1 band SD numbers with the markets finally running out of steam at the 1 SD number.

Click image for original size
iv111914
Originally posted by Aladdin

When price could not get back into yesterday's VA, I recognized a possible open drive.

I'm now short 2045.75 (but I still do not know if this is a valid open drive).

I do not like this slow tempo: stoploss ES @ 2045.75 (BE)
what are you using for a target?
a quick pic of how the zones have played out so far......i removed the On session for clarity
Click image for original size
vwap
Originally posted by NewKid

Target is 2035.50 (O/N low on 11/18)

I'm still not sure if today is a valid open drive, so I will exit my short at 2045.75 or 2035.50 (whichever comes first).
I hope it gets there for you. There is a lot in the way with Monday's POC at 38.5.
Do you scale out at all? That might be a good way to get out with some earnings. Would be a shame if you exited this trade at B/E

Although as I am typing, it is trying hard to get to your target
the 4pm 1 SD band is at 36.25 so there is a good chance it will get there
for reference today notice how every set of POTENTIAL single prints have filled in for a retest.....so the 30 minute low and 60 minute lows both have had some other 30 minute period tag their extremes.....does anyone get that ??? lol...
I had the right idea but bad execution left me out. Too much self doubt

O/N low is 1 tick above the volume VA and currently they are fighting out to defend the time VA at 46. Both have been defended so far.
I think if they succeed at it, they will try to go for YD highs
If not, I think they will try to go fill in those single prints from YD
both the $Rut and the 5 day high and lows are in offical MACD sell modes...so these minutes today really have my attention to see if these signals actually work as you watch them in Real time...so many things on charts look good after the fact but here we have the market not showing broad participation from the new highs and lows indicator, some fear ( based on the vix ) is creeping in and the $ rut can't join the long side party yet
That was an impressive retest of the 30min VPOC @ 45
Originally posted by Aladdin

Target is 2035.50 (O/N low on 11/18)

I'm still not sure if today is a valid open drive, so I will exit my short at 2045.75 or 2035.50 (whichever comes first).

close/buy @ 2045.75

That is it for me for today.

Have a nice day, everyone.