ES Tuesday 10-24-17

How I have the numbers and areas coming into today......still have other things that are drawing me away from the markets lately but hope to be back in action a bit more next week....and hopefully volatility will follow me....or I will follow it ! second video below is a review of Or trades from last week and an example of using 15 minutes as an OR for the CL and how it worked....just tossing that out there..
No video below? Try this link: Tuesday.swf

review of last week and cl

No video below? Try this link: OR_recap.swf

lower bell curve edge and center I am working from today
Click image for original size
tweekly

overnight is mostly long so I prefer sell side off the two zones in the picture above
shorted at OR low 67.25 but moved my stop to 67 and got stopped out. tgt was -4....
Couple comments and a question Bruce.

I think the 15 OR as a target on CL is pretty big.It's been averaging 190-350 per contract. too big IMO.

Regarding day after chop, it seems if Y15M OR is broken 3 times, that's a pretty good mechanical definition of a chop day. The next day should do pretty well if one wants to hang on for a bigger target.

Regarding volatility, I know you weren't directly referencing VIX, have you ever gotten long volatility via a VIX option trade? Something like buying ATM call, selling ATM put and then selling a call one or two strikes above the market? Trying to configure something during the vol as Jr. and I wait for our bigg trade, after vol expands.

Just trying stuff and making some coin.

Not to be a dykk but that's not how you trade it. You moved your stop so close after a couple of ticks green?

I think most traders would benefit from shortening their targets and increasing size. Today the OR range went successfully long, then short. Close targets yes, but $$ is $.

Good luck going forward.
Originally posted by trader88

shorted at OR low 67.25 but moved my stop to 67 and got stopped out. tgt was -4....