new trader--would like to hear ideas

I'm a new trader and have had some success in the last six months working mainly with basic technical indicators. My risk tolerance is fairly high and I would like to hear some first hand information from someone whose had continued success in the market. Thanks.
I don't understand why risk of ruin is a concept that is hard to grasp by so many. Maybe we need to equate it Russian roulette more lol.
Originally posted by cashisking86

I don't understand why risk of ruin is a concept that is hard to grasp by so many. Maybe we need to equate it Russian roulette more lol.

By "risk of ruin" do you mean the risk of losing your capital? I don't see any indication that the OP doesn't understand it is a risk.

haha yeah i think its the fact people dont want to think of the worst possible outcome too and that is actually so key to being successful. I use risk of ruin as a tool rather than something be afraid of lol

I don't see any reason why we could assume the original poster doesn't understand the concept of risk, either. Trading is only russian roulette if you go into it unprepared and treat it like gambling. Otherwise, different people have different risk tolerances and it's good to be aware of that.