ES 09-10-08

fixed Sq 9

Dated Sq 9

I'll post $PREM buy and sell programs in the A.M.
Notice the blue line was "overbought" at 15:17 and the ticks were neg divergence and reading above +850 a clear short sign....
PopStocks;

Do you have any problems with the prophet charts?
I get bad ticks and no way to fix them.
quote:
Originally posted by redsixspeed

PopStocks;

Do you have any problems with the prophet charts?
I get bad ticks and no way to fix them.

I just use tos charts, not sure about prophet.
This is the 1min chart I use. The tick setup I described earlier today is the bottom indicator.

White bars: high /es volume and slightly significant tick+es osc

Black bars: these usually come near tops, it means extreme tick and es osc as well as extreme volume, in my experience these predict a top within 15 min about %70 of the time, odds are increased when there are several black bars nearby.

Green bars: These indicate high volume on /es and high readings on tick osc + es osc. These are great for breakouts.

Red bars: same as green but reverse is true :)

Click image for original size
1min
I would love to have the ticks overlaid like an indicator, but esignal don't do that.
as per some member requests here is the code for the $tick indicator for thinkorswim thinkscript

http://pastebin.com/f385846d6
popstocks - I'm posting the code from your link below. Please let me know if there are any copyright issues or problems with doing this. My reason for doing this is to prevent the information on the forum from becoming obsolete if that link ceases to exist. Thanks.
#tickruler by popstocks, for 1min chart

declare lower;
input m = 2.0;
def length = 100 * m;
declare zerobase;
input sym = "/es";
input tik = "$tick";

def short = -40;
def long = 40;

def a = Highest(high(sym), length);
def c = Lowest(low(sym), length);
def mark = 100 * (close(sym) - c) / (a - c);

def percentup = 105;
def steady = TotalSum(if 1 == 1 then 1 else 0);
def totalbars = steady + 1;
def markv = (TotalSum(volume(sym)) / totalbars) * ((100 + percentup) / 100);

def aa = Highest(high(tik), length);
def cc = Lowest(low(tik), length);
def tikss = ((if close(tik) < open(tik) then low(tik) else high(tik)) - cc) / (aa - cc);
def tiki = 100 * tikss;

plot mmm = ((mark + tiki) - 100);

mmm.SetPaintingStrategy(paintingstrategy.histogram);

mmm.AssignValueColor(if mmm > 95 && volume(sym) then color.black else if mmm < short && volume(sym) > markv then color.red else if mmm > long && volume(sym) > markv then color.green else if AbsValue(mmm) > 10 && volume(sym) > markv then color.white
else color.dark_gray);

mmm.SetLineWeight(2.0);
mmm.hideBubble();
quote:
Originally posted by prestwickdrive

Well, I screwed up somehow. Perhaps Joe or Pop weill post the chart. Sorry about that.

The problem was that you had the @ symbol in the file name. Not your fault, just a shortcoming of the forum software. Try and put simple characters in the file name next time.
Dt any suggestions on how to get all the GEMs from each day ( when applicable ) to a place
where some of your readers will find it...?

Someone searching for ideas on the $ tick for example will probably not think to look through all these
daytrading posts.....and sometimes when we are posting and trading it's just easier to put the
ideas into the daily daytrading threads but certain things are "keepers".....and it would be a shame to lose them

I have this date written down so if I ever get real charts I can revisit some ideas posted today...seems a bit low
tech...

just thought I'd ask ya..

Bruce
quote:
Originally posted by day trading

popstocks - I'm posting the code from your link below. Please let me know if there are any copyright issues or problems with doing this. My reason for doing this is to prevent the information on the forum from becoming obsolete if that link ceases to exist. Thanks.

np day trading
quote:
Originally posted by BruceM

Dt any suggestions on how to get all the GEMs from each day ( when applicable ) to a place where some of your readers will find it...?

Someone searching for ideas on the $tick for example will probably not think to look through all these daytrading posts...

Bruce - I echo your sentiment. I've been doing some research on that and there seems to be 2 things that we need to do to accomplish that. One is tagging: e.g. tag someone's post with the words $tick and ES for example. The other other is voting for the post: thumbs up/down. That way you can look at all the posts tagged with $tick in order of popularity.

It won't be available for some months but I'm working with the guys who are working on the new software for the forum and eventual I hope that those ideas will make their way in here.