ES 10-08-08

I cant wait to see how the talking heads explain tonites action!
Joe: The pivot point for today was 1027.75 which doesn't seem to have been reached during RTH though we came close. Have you ever compared the effectiveness of sq nines vs pivot points as S/R levels? Would you say the combination of pivots and sq nines makes for very strong resistance? Do you use both?

One other question if you don't mind: on your MACD tutorial, you take the square root of a price and add a figure that seems to be one of several constants (e.g. 0.25, 0.148) before squaring that sum. Where do these values come from and how do you decide which to apply?

Thanks again to you and everyone else sharing and explaining their ideas.
I love Pivots...daily, weekly, monthly, I love it even better when there's a sq of nine near by.

As to your 2nd question it really doesn't matter why .146 (its phi to the 4th power) and .25 (1/4 or 2/8ths) but it all has to do with sq of nine....from each of my sq of nine numbers is sq root + or - .25 and then squared reason being that has to do with squaring a circle. All that matters is that it works.....146 used to work beautifully but now it moves that much in 2 min, so I don't use that any more once the markets calm down it will be useful once again.