ES 11-14-08

15m: 935, 945 and 866.50, 836.50

will be away most the day
Just for fun i had 893 or so as the upside so i just sold one at 893.25 and covered on the first real hesitation of 30 seconds or so at 890.50 for another 2.5 handles in the bank. Should i have held for the next objective at 879/ maybe but ill be crying all the way to the bank... with their money! up 12.5 and done ...C YA MON !
I used to have the 'strength' some of you have going for the 10-30 handle trades , and i used to do it with 10 lots of the big s&p contract. My nerves just couldnt take it. Hey, i applaud those of you who can! I wish i still could! id be flat out rich! Cause now i avg one losing session every 30 or so... but i just cant.
Look the 866 showed up. Had a bad day, all my projections were spot on and my entries were horrible. Everyone have a great weekend. Thanks for so many lessons.
32 Pts on a crazy day.
Jack, great job.
You know this is actually a good thing! the further down it goes the more chance of the bottom is in (for a while at least) and the more chance of a recovery starting Mon! Dont forget ,the daily charts forecast a low today, even tho it appears the 45 day cycle may have bottomed yesterday... have a good weekend all! (Margie, itll come ,girl, i have no doubt! hang in there!)
Kool I can't begin to thankyou for your sharing, your time and your philosophy of sharing. Thanks.. Jack...
kudos, on your trading,my friend.... FWIW hourly is now calling for 789-795 depending on which bar we use! So we better take out 904 MON or else!... see ya!

Click image for original size
No Description Entered
Hey Red. Unfortunately, that is not a Cup & Handle. They are continuation patterns that usually form in uptrends or bullish trends. The "handle" has retraced too deep. You would like to see it stay in the upper 1/2 or about where your moving averages are. Also, you want volume to start to dry up on the retrace (handle) and you can see that volume actually increased. It does have a nice bowl or cup shape though, but is not the classic pattern "Cup & Handle." Go here to see the pattern @ http://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp
quote:
Originally posted by redsixspeed

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

My thought process with this chart was with a break
@ 868.00 we might go to the 829.00 area. That was hit
this morning @ 6:40est