ES Thursday 9-13-12

Today is Fed Day and also Rollover Day. Here is a chart from last Fed Day on 1/August/2012. Announcement was at 2:15pm that day. Today it will be at 12:30pm.

Originally posted by ETM

Could someone give me a guideline for the latest time I can trade the old contract.

Technically you can trade it right up until the expiration date of 9/21/2012.
that's me gone at 39.50...who said there is no such thing as luck in trading ?? was almost taken out by one tic below but wasn't.....LUCKY!!
Originally posted by BruceM

that's me gone at 39.50...who said there is no such thing as luck in trading ?? was almost taken out by one tic below but wasn't.....LUCKY!!
Luck or a little pay back for the times you got screwed?
Great point Bkay... we need to look at our trades and trading over a large sample size to see where we need improvement...for example are we getting stopped out too often and need to adjust our stop placement on runners...? are we staying in trades too long ? are we finding that most of our losers are from short trades ? are they from long trades?
Agreed Bruce, all kidding aside on the Luck comment. You placed your stop for a reason, I assume the volume at 35.75 gave an indication that it would form some support, if it goes through, your out. In this case you got the bounce you anticipated and it paid off. What's the saying, Luck is 50% preparation and 50% perspiration?
perfect bkay...well said and the exact reason my stop was where it was !!
watching the volume flow into the 47.75 and my current short zone area..I am not convince that they won't go back to the big volume at 1443 and even 1437 area by days end
december numbers will be 6 - 7 points off from what I just posted
onthe 1440.50 december short targeting 1437.50..
secondary target is 1433 but I feel I may have sold into shifting vpoc area and price may build up over time right near our entry
Thanks for the update ETM! Appreciate the follow-up.