Any software that really helps with MP ?

Hi
I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the following softwares:

1. Capflow
2. TopGun
they both claim to make MP trading easier.
also, if there are other softwares or trading tools that anyone has worked with which has enhanced their Market Profile trades , please do not hesitate to mention...
thx
quote:
Originally posted by phylup

$1,000 per month !! - that's not cheap... (i assume CAD). that's probably the most expensive trading software i've ever heard of

It's 1000 USD + 7% GST(tax). Yes it is the most expensive software I have come across. I cut off conversation there. Too rich for my blood.
Wow - expensive.
I'd love to hear from people what the most is that they have every paid for any trading software?
well, of course eSignal has a low cost MP, a $10 add-on to the advanced charting package. Its volume plotting is often suspect and generally regarded as inconsistent with their own data.

Trademaven has several variations on MP which are largely the result of an informal affiliation with Billy Duryea's market profile trading group, based at www.ioamt.com trademaven now has pretty good volume-based MP histograms which graphically show the key volume pivot (volume-based POC vs TPO based POC) but you have to be Pro-subscriber. Usual free evaluation, works best off of eSignal right now, but they just got acquired by eLocal and have an independent datafeed under construction.

the IOAMT.com site is free, offers historic volume histograms (both composite and individual days) going back nearly a year, plus every half hour they update the current day showing cumulative KVP, VAH, VAL, UFH, UFL. They cover 4 indices currently, es, er, nq, and ym under the reports tab at the top of home page.

Billy's site also offers a host of tutorials and technical insights, with primary focus on aggressive, active daytrading. He has a subscription hotcomm room with live trading, setups, etc.

Alex Benjamin's www.tradingclinic.com has a comprehensive list of resources too, with all of the current Cisco-Futures free readings, IOAMT's free readings, and several audio/videos by Alex (alleyb on this forum).

Usual disclaimers, no financial interests, just a subscriber to TM, IOAMT, eSignal.
I have used Trademaven, its a basic charting package. Certainly no where near the level of the industry standard charting packages like Tradestation, eSignal, ensign, aspen graphics. The Trademaven MP is deficient in a number of areas, so I cannot recommend it for MP users. I personally think eSignal still provides the best complete MP solution when cost is taken into account.

Also, if you go the Trademaven route, they will try to sell you the $400 / month trading service that goes with it.

I guess Steidlmayer has come up with some new stuff for MP. Pretty hefty premium to gain that new knowlege however.
Originally posted by mash

Hi
I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with the following softwares:

1. Capflow
2. TopGun
they both claim to make MP trading easier.
also, if there are other softwares or trading tools that anyone has worked with which has enhanced their Market Profile trades , please do not hesitate to mention...
thx

hi mash,
i don't have an idea what capital flow really is, but i did a few research and found out that capital flow is a software that has been developed to survey all global markets and identify trading situations that has high potentials.It also aims to support the individual with the best database and tools so that he can add value to the identified trade. Steidlmayer software inc., the producer of the capflow software is developing classes for the subscribers of the software. But as for now, they don't have specific schedules yet