Reply to inventor

ref:ES-19-08 post (page9). Simulating? Is that some form of masterbation? Son, Ive been trading spoos since Oct 87, and yes i got my head handed to me.I joined this room for one reason and one reason only; because im smart enough to know that i dont know everything. I have to assume you are refering to me, since i have the biggest mouth in the e-mini room. Twenty years of experience, countless advisory services, and at least three fortunes won and lost, i guess ive finally reached the top 10% of people who play this game since i actually make money consistantly (albiet on a very small scale). Have you not seen SPQR and others choose to display their broker statements?Most people who are newbies to the game freely admit it when asking for advice or help understanding a propriatary strategy.There is no shame in that and most veterans gratiously oblige.Thats why i joined this forum and ,maybe naively thought if i posted my trades In advance when possible ,i just might be accepted as some who knows what they are doing, but is always willing to learn from others. You see i love this game. I only spent about two years in the 90s trading for a living.I found that by holding down a "normal" job i had no pressure to make a trade to pay the bills.Now, I trade 1-10 eminis mostly and i love it.I was trading 10 lots of the big spoos in the 90s in an attempt get rich nd happy.I got rich and broke at least twice(back in the day 1 point in the spoos was 500 bucks,not the 250 of today).I love communicating with other traders like charter joe, bruce m, and of course spqr. These are traders i have come to respect because they take there work seriously ( as do i) and are not ashamed to share their trading, warts and all.Ive made some brilliant calls and ive made some really embarissing ones. Such is the life of a trader.So my advice son is ...LEARN....If you are paper trading... who cares! If you truly love this game, then these fine people will be glad to help. If ive affended you or anyone else with my play by play trades ,then i apoligize. There was a method to my madness. Im not sure if ill be back or not.IT is extremely difficult to type and trade and in fact i screwed up once already hitting the button on my trading platform for two e-minis when i meant to trade one. PS: if you werent refering to me then ive made a fool out of my self again:)
Back then when you first started trading the big S&P was it much different than the emini today? I mean I know the big one was 10x the ES, but it was also in the 130-500 range so I would imagine that they would move a lot less point wise. I have always wondered this??? What would be the ratio of trading Emini SP to the equalvilent of the late 1980s Spoos 1SP x 2ES??
Good questions CharterJoe - also remember that that $1 back then was worth more than $1 now so that further "sizes up" the value of the trading the S&P "back then."
koolblue,

If its any consalation I think your an excellent trader and would enjoy to keep reading your posts....
quote:
Originally posted by CharterJoe

koolblue,

If its any consalation I think your an excellent trader and would enjoy to keep reading your posts....

second that!!
Thanks Joe, i was watching the nice little bounce off of my 1261 number.(see es-19-08).Page 3 or 4.To your question...in 87 there was no e-mini! Things were so different lol.Imagine trading fast markets buy telephone! I once lost 3000 on a t-bond while i was still on the phone with my broker getting in!
quote:
Originally posted by koolblue

ref:ES-19-08 post (page9). Simulating? Is that some form of masterbation? Son, Ive been trading spoos since Oct 87, and yes i got my head handed to me.I joined this room for one reason and one reason only; because im smart enough to know that i dont know everything. I have to assume you are refering to me, since i have the biggest mouth in the e-mini room. Twenty years of experience, countless advisory services, and at least three fortunes won and lost, i guess ive finally reached the top 10% of people who play this game since i actually make money consistantly (albiet on a very small scale). Have you not seen SPQR and others choose to display their broker statements?Most people who are newbies to the game freely admit it when asking for advice or help understanding a propriatary strategy.There is no shame in that and most veterans gratiously oblige.Thats why i joined this forum and ,maybe naively thought if i posted my trades In advance when possible ,i just might be accepted as some who knows what they are doing, but is always willing to learn from others. You see i love this game. I only spent about two years in the 90s trading for a living.I found that by holding down a "normal" job i had no pressure to make a trade to pay the bills.Now, I trade 1-10 eminis mostly and i love it.I was trading 10 lots of the big spoos in the 90s in an attempt get rich nd happy.I got rich and broke at least twice(back in the day 1 point in the spoos was 500 bucks,not the 250 of today).I love communicating with other traders like charter joe, bruce m, and of course spqr. These are traders i have come to respect because they take there work seriously ( as do i) and are not ashamed to share their trading, warts and all.Ive made some brilliant calls and ive made some really embarissing ones. Such is the life of a trader.So my advice son is ...LEARN....If you are paper trading... who cares! If you truly love this game, then these fine people will be glad to help. If ive affended you or anyone else with my play by play trades ,then i apoligize. There was a method to my madness. Im not sure if ill be back or not.IT is extremely difficult to type and trade and in fact i screwed up once already hitting the button on my trading platform for two e-minis when i meant to trade one. PS: if you werent refering to me then ive made a fool out of my self again:)

Koolblue I was not directing my post/comment at anyone in particular only the heavy chatters on ES 08-19-08 and it is a known fact distractions can cost you plenty, hence the question...

Imagine waking up to see if your 5 point stop was hit Oct. 19th (thats 2500 dollars) only to find the open was 40,yes 40, points lower! My friend was trading 10 lots and was in for ten! Iwas out but got killed trying to catch a falling knife! That would be like a 176 point open today.
Your trader friend that was long 10 lots 0ct 19 87' is he still a trader today?
I was overnight one's with out a stop/lose and before I knew they are willed overnight swings imaging me newbie weakling up minus 2850.00 well the opening bell fix that minus and made it plus but never again I carry overnight.....
Charter Joe,
I hope there is no problem posting my 2 cents worth here. I started trading in 1981 back when the S&P was $500 per point. The orders were phoned in, then the runner ran the order to the pit, ran it back, then it was phoned back. If you didn't have a direct line you also had a broker interfacing with a back room first. Then the pit traders would scalp you like crazy. The E-mini trading is a piece of cake in comparison and also puts you on equal footing with everyone. They would also fill the "big boys" first. My first account was with Merril Lynch and my commision was $65. Sorry about the war story but couldn't resist.
Thanks, Leo, that was plenty help enough.

Cheers!