Mentor Wanted

I have been trading for 2 years. I would like the help of a mentor so that I can be profitable, and know what I am doing. I trade the emini ES contract, but have also traded the YM.

Please let me know if you would be willing to work with me. I am willing to discuss my situation with any serious inquiries.

I have been a member of trading rooms in the past and found them to be of no help. Most just consist of using stochastic or Market Profile to buy when the market is down and sell when it is up. They don’t know how to read trends, and loose whenever one develops.

I have read Dalton’s book Mind Over Markets. I am probably one of the few people who did not find it helpful. Again he basically just wrote about buying low and selling high, and getting clobbered during a trend.

I still don’t know what I am doing. I know enough to be dangerous. I know what doesn’t work. Sometimes I try scalping for a point and sometimes I try holding for the bigger gain. I have not been successful at either approach.

I think my biggest mental block is because I have never seen another trader who made money. The rooms I was a member of were all real good at making excuses, but it was clear to me they made money from the room fees and didn’t know anymore about trading profitably than I did.

Again, please let me know if you would be willing to work with me. I am willing to discuss my situation with any serious inquiries. I am not going to give up (though I have been close to doing so a number of times), but I am not ashamed to admit I need help.

Thank you.
"...the fruits of your success will be in direct ratio to the honesty and sincerity of your own effort in keeping your own records, doing your own thinking, and reaching your own conclusions." Jesse Livermore

Jesse Livermore Worlds Greatest Stock Trader

Reminiscences Stock Operator
true
Originally posted by Greg
I have been trading for 2 years. I would like the help of a mentor so that I can be profitable, and know what I am doing. I trade the emini ES contract, but have also traded the YM.

Please let me know if you would be willing to work with me. I am willing to discuss my situation with any serious inquiries.

I have been a member of trading rooms in the past and found them to be of no help. Most just consist of using stochastic or Market Profile to buy when the market is down and sell when it is up. They don’t know how to read trends, and loose whenever one develops.

I have read Dalton’s book Mind Over Markets. I am probably one of the few people who did not find it helpful. Again he basically just wrote about buying low and selling high, and getting clobbered during a trend.

I still don’t know what I am doing. I know enough to be dangerous. I know what doesn’t work. Sometimes I try scalping for a point and sometimes I try holding for the bigger gain. I have not been successful at either approach.

I think my biggest mental block is because I have never seen another trader who made money. The rooms I was a member of were all real good at making excuses, but it was clear to me they made money from the room fees and didn’t know anymore about trading profitably than I did.

Again, please let me know if you would be willing to work with me. I am willing to discuss my situation with any serious inquiries. I am not going to give up (though I have been close to doing so a number of times), but I am not ashamed to admit I need help.

Thank you.

Hey Greg -

If reading can help you see another trader making money, I would highly recommend "Market Wizards: Interviews with Top Traders" by Jack Schwager. "The New Market Wizards" continues the interviews, and is also good. You won't be able to relate to all of these guys, but some stuff may stick with you.

A real mentor for a while isn't a bad idea. I subscribed to Finley Goslin's (http://www.tradingdaybyday.com/) daily newsletter and followed his system, usually using my exits (Chandelier exit). He is a great guy, no-hype or b.s., and was very responsive to email questions. Alas, he no longer does the regular newsletter.

In the end, the trading system that works for you will be one that you believe in, so it will probably be your own. You will likley learn a lot about yourself in the process.

I trade a variation on the Turtle System. (http://traderplanet.com/slowTrader)
Interesting post H. Would you mind sharing some details regarding your trading approach?

quote:
Originally posted by hiteshshah1

Hi Grey,

I have been trading for 1 1/2 year now. I was in similar situation as you are now. I spend time learning by taking various courses on Emini Trading. I also went through Coaching where the coach was able to use the Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) techniques to break my mental blocks (www.robindayne.com) and help me step by step to change my identity. Today I have a solid Trading Plan and I stick to it and take all the valid trades as I see them. After learning various trading techniques I designed a system that fits my personality and I can trade with ease.

My suggestion to you is to find out what your personality is and try to trade according. for eg. find out if your personality may be good as scalper or intraday swing trader where you hold the position for several hours, if the market is moving in your direction. You may also want to check your stop loss. If you having too close of a stop loss and the market takes you out that is something you may want to change.

I am willing to help from what I know. I am also a student of market and trying to reach my goal of being a successful trader.

Attach find the chart of my system.

Best,
Henry

Market Profile Nos. link
http://www.mypivots.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3681
Woodies Pivots link
http://www.mypivots.com/dn/?symbol=139

Click image for original size
No Description Entered

Click image for original size
Chart from Jan 6, 2009