How to keep the last page refreshed

I received this question today which will interest a number of you.
I follow the ES thread that goes on during the regular trading hours. Can I get it to automatically go to the recent post. If I display a page and refresh it the page doesn't move to the next one.

I've been trying to find an easy/good solution but no luck so far. I know that if you set the whichpage parameter on the url to -1 it will jump to the last post on the last page of topics but the -1 value doesn't stay on the url so refreshing the page after that won't help.

The best idea that I've come up with so far is a bit cumbersome and requires some setup at the beginning and then a small amount of editing each day.

Initial setup:
- Today's ES topic (last page) was located at this URL:
http://www.mypivots.com/board/topic/3563/-1/es-12-4-08
- If you book mark this page you will be able to go straight to page 33 by clicking the bookmark.
If you put the BookMark on the Bookmark's toolbar (in FireFox) then you will be able to get to it with a single click. If you're using IE then you would add a favorite to the Links menu.
Once bookmarked, edit the bookmark (you usually do this by right clicking the bookmark and selecting properties) and change the 33 to a -1

Daily Maintenance
-Each day you'll need to edit the bookmark and change the TOPIC_ID value (3563 here) to the new topic id.
- You can get the topic id for today's ES topic by visiting the topic and looking for the number after TOPIC_ID in the URL.

Let me know if anybody else has any other solutions...
Instructions for IE:

Open any one of the pages of today's topic that you want to track in IE. (You must click on a page number when you open the topic.)
On the menu click Favorites -> Add to Favorites...
In the "Add a Favorite" dialog box enter "ES Daily" in the Name box and in the Create in: dropdown select Links.
In the Links bar find "ES Daily" and right click on it. From this menu select "Properties."
In the URL: box on the "Web Document" tab of the properties find the text which reads "&whichpage=X" where X is some number. Change this number to -1.
Click OK.
Now click the "ES Daily" favorite and it should take you to the last post on the last page.

Tomorrow (and on subsequent days), you'll skip the initial creation steps and just edit the favorite on the menu.
Before editing this item you'll go to today's ES topic and look at the URL of the topic and see what the TOPIC_ID is.
This time when you edit it you'll find the text that reads TOPIC_ID=XXXX where XXXX is some number.
You will change XXXX to today's topic number.
Click OK.
Thanks for the update, but the problem is that we want to move to the next page automatically by pressing the refresh button and not the favorites button
RELAX, O/N THE ES THREAD WE ALL USE AN FREE LITTLE DOWNLOAD THAT AUTOMATICALLY REFRESHES YOUR BROWSER (FIREFOXOR INTERNET EXPLORER) YOU CAN SET IT AT 1 MIN OR 5MIN OR WHATEVER , ALWAYS GOES TO THE LAST PAGE AND POST. ILL TRY TO FIND THE LINK AND POST IT HERE THIS WEEKEND!
I believe this is the utility koolblue's referring to:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/Auto-IE-Refresher.shtml

There may be another version ported to Firefox somewhere. Use the 'About' menu option to find keywords to google.
quote:
Originally posted by culsu

I believe this is the utility koolblue's referring to:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Other-Internet-Related/Auto-IE-Refresher.shtml

There may be another version ported to Firefox somewhere. Use the 'About' menu option to find keywords to google.

For Firefox, download / install a "ReloadEvery" plug-in that is available at:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115
Doesn't the problem still exist with these refresh utilities? i.e. they don't advance to the last page...?
BTW I am very aware of what you're trying to do here and so I'm racking my brain to come up with something that will achieve this goal for you guys.
D.T. they do refresh to the last page and post(thx stocksster and culsu!). They do however have one drawback. If your a prolific poster as i often am , it can be annoying. You see ,if your in the middle of typing a post or reply, and the refreshing occurs it wipes out whatever you typed and you have to start over. So if one is using the refresher to stay updated on our posts a setting of lets say 30 seconds can be extremely useful! But for a very frequent poster such as myself a setting of 5 min. seems to be better. Less chance of having to type at light speed to avoid getting 'refreshed' too early and having to start over.By the way a nice feature is that you can set the refresher to any timeframe using the 'custom' option from 5 seconds to 15 min.
What we need is a hybrid between a chatroom and a forum...
AGREED!
[Cjo I WILL LIKE TO ASK YOU SOMETHING IS YOU CAN PM ME OR EMIL ME THANKS