Reversal days

The operative word is days.

Jan 28, Feb 3, 9, 13 ,20, 26

March 4, 10, 16, 20, 26,

April 1, 7, 14, 20

Then April Fool comes by.

See how the day before pans out like today, Jan 27 sidways but above main pivot. So the probability is that is going to go up this week from the pivot (829). Now I look at 842.25 and see. My guess is 871-881.25 for the highs with 881.75 precise. This is macro picture. How and if we get there I don't know.

The reversal days can be +1 day of the above days if it has to happen.

Reversal days change trend or continue trend.

Trade well and

Good luck
One more point....see how WW develop during the period between the reversal days. Most of the time they are there.
quote:
Originally posted by pips2007

The operative word is days.

Jan 28, Feb 3, 9, 13 ,20, 26

March 4, 10, 16, 20, 26,

April 1, 7, 14, 20

Then April Fool comes by.

See how the day before pans out like today, Jan 27 sidways but above main pivot. So the probability is that is going to go up this week from the pivot (829). Now I look at 842.25 and see. My guess is 871-881.25 for the highs with 881.75 precise. This is macro picture. How and if we get there I don't know.

Trade well and

Good luck

The following URL shows reversal days for 2009...

http://mysite.verizon.net/bonniehill/pages.aux/murrey/reversal.2009.html
Thank you for posting that URL, interesting stuff. I know a stock trader that times the market with cyclical dates, he does very well!
Yes that is correct stocksster.

However, this does not tell you the overall macro picture, just the micro.

You actually calculate your own reveresal days +/-1 day for the whole year.

Hers is based on Murray Math and the calendar.
fwiw

stocksster's automatic reversal days for 2009 match up to my bradley (modified formula) using heliocentric

btw, i use the bradley on a constant basis along with rich's ttt

good luck to all
I've seen this reversal type of stuff for more than 15 years now and nobody can ever define two things:

1) How do we define the trend?

2)How do we objectively qualify a change in trend?

Otherwise this is just smoke and mirrors...

Pips, what good is a reversal day if it can change or continue the trend? The market only trends 20%-30% of the time at best so up and down moves in the market are commonplace....I want to see somebody be objective with this...

Today is a fed day so if we decline from up 23 points of a gap open then is that a reversal...please be crystal clear....

I know I'm being "hard" on you here but I've been asking for months from you some crystal clear calls with targets and stops and entires...You wanted that from Larry Persavento but you have never given that to us here...the difference is you aren't marketing.....

OK...nuff moaning on my part ...lets get those two questions answer so we can all follow on the same page

quote:
Originally posted by pips2007

I know stock & option traders that trade dates like these, I used to think it was smoke & mirrors or just plain nonsense. The way they define trend/trend break is by the 60 min ch,, 120 min ch & draw trendlines, if the trend from the previous date doesn't reverse on the TP date +1 or -1 day, then the current trend will continue until the next date. I have never used cyclical dates to time the market, probably never will, but I have watched others do it & they proved to me that this type of trading has as much merit/validity as any out there. I'm a chart/trend trader, I didn't beieve it, until I saw the cyclical traders be right year after year.

www.payforprofits.com uses cyclical dates to time the market. Check out the P for P track record, very few if any swing trading services can realistically match or beat Ron's results.

If the trend was down prior to 1/28/09 & the 28th was the reversal day this means Tuesday 2/3/09 is the day to expect a move back to the downside correct?
They have a good thread on the Taylor technique on this forum......Taylor uses the theory that the markets go through a 3 day cycle so having a reversal date at plus or minus 1 day makes sense....so therrfore over any 3 day period we could get reversal.....What I'm calling into question is the degree and magnitude of what is actually considered a trend change...........we could break a 60 minute channel and still be contained in the 120 minute...it just seems like these reversal date folks always havea "way out" of a prediction......

There always the question of how one actually uses this info...Pips posted an actually date of January 28th so were we suppose to be sellers because we where in a short term up trend? If so when do we sell ? At the open, at the close? Very big difference.....suppose we drop down today does that mean he was right..? Especially if we apply the 1-3 day window?

I will continue to stay "after him" to give us a clear and concise call ahead of time..(entry, stop and target).....coming back every few months to tell us about some things that happened in the past is laughable at best.......lets nail this down. Lets get some charts and monitor these channell breaks as we go forward....

Bruce
I went short on the 28th because,, the inverted hammer on the RTH hourly, the monthly pivot point is 876.75 the shadow/tail of that candle missed the monthly PP by 2 ticks, I had a good risk/reward set up without a date.

The guys I know that trade dates usually have no more than 2 dates per month, they call them TPs "turning points", the link posted above has up to 5 dates per month. Cyclical dates are like waves or cycles, you have major TPs & smaller TPs within a larger move, much like the wave heads count waves, cyclical traders count days, some how, I've no idea how they come up with the dates, I jus know they do & it works for them.
stock almanac calling for a bull day today & bear Friday