What really matters?

What really matters?

My sister has had a rough few months, with three kids in diapers, an engineer husband who has had to take a 75% cut in pay to keep his local job during these hard times and is the soul bread winner she has suffered a near nervous breakdown. They decided to take a vacation. They went this afternoon to Gatlinburg TN to spend the week in her in-laws cabin. When they arrived and were unpacking Case Hamilton who this past weekend celebrated his 2nd birthday was left briefly alone in all the excitement of unpacking and touring the beautiful cabin stumbled into the pool and drowned his dad found him face down and not breathing he quickly performed CPR and manged to revive him before the ems arrived. And is currently in the hospital due to his weak lungs they have no idea whats going to happen (chlorine can cause delayed drowning in lungs such as his)but is doing well at the moment. Had they been 60 short seconds later it could have been to late.
Life is a vapor as the good book says. And this has really put things into perspective this evening as I kiss my 2 year old good night I realize that all too often I let my trading be my a little "g" god to THE GOD and my family all to often become 2nd and 3rd. So make sure you tell that someone special that you love them and what they mean to you because tomorrow may be to late, and only regrets remain.
Glad to hear Joe. Also glad your brother-n-law knew CPR
That's good news, Joe.
Glad to know everything is ok....thats scary as s#&t when something like that happens.You almost gave me a heart attack as I was reading your post.
wow that is scary scary stuff....thank god things turned out alright.
Thank God he is ok.

Children must not be at the pool unsupervised. It only takes 2 inches of water to drown. Ridiculous as it may sound but it is true.
quote:
Originally posted by redsixspeed

Glad to hear Joe. Also glad your brother-n-law knew CPR

Yep, and not that many folks know how to do it on a infant/toddler. You cannot do it like you can on an adult. It could puncture there lungs or sternum.
You know I had not thought of that. He could have; well I won't say. I'am
glad he knew what he was doing.
for future reference this is what i remember from my first aid training:

the main differences are use a very small puff of air (like a mouthful) and use two fingers instead of the two hand interlocked fingers for pumping the chest. i think you also hold an infant instead of letting him/her lie on the floor as you do with adults but im not sure about that sry. it's been a while since my first aid training.
Just read the news. Good to know all sounds well, but yes...moments are fleeting...kids are 2 years today...next moment 10!! Money can be made again...the same kid cannot.

I'm very happy your nephew is doing well. My prayers and well wishes are with you and your extended family. May the angels shower health, safety, protection and wealth you your BIL and SIS and their family.

yes glad to hear all is well now..
My sincere condolences for your loss. You sound like a good man...

I don't normally go through the various subjects on this site so I only came by yuor post by accident, but I do wonder how low the hit rate is here...