ES Short Term Trading 6-17-10

Here's what I'm looking at with Price Action S/R levels as usual ... it's a map. The RED are potential significant price zones with MAGENTA being semi-significant potential zones ... and the CYAN dashed lines are the Weekly Pivot Levels. Have a daily chart followed by a 30min chart. Volume at Price is the light blue vertical indicator on the right legend of the charts.

Click image for original size
es daily sr for 61710

Click image for original size
es 30m sr for 6 17 10

Hopefully will have time to post my take for honing down on price areas supported by other factors that add to their relevance later. Hope this is a useful map and look forward to other's charts and analysis including the MP inputs!
Originally posted by phileo

short 1108.75 2pt stop

1109 failed as support, looking for 1107 to fail as well, or i am out.
stop to b/e

stopped out b/e (that was a mistake to move stop so soon)

Frustrated. This missed opp is pretty painful.
done for the day....
Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Bruce, Phileo, Paul, Kool and others ... jump on in here. And everyone is not only welcome to post ... but encouraged to share ideas and analysis ... charts are always helpful too!!!

MM,
sorry I haven't been able to contribute.

I have been busy all day with tree fellers here on my palatial estate (haha, it's just a house in the suburbs ), winter blizzards here in PA broke many huge branches, and I became worried about one huge white pine that looked like it was leaning toward the house, they're taking it down now, no trading for me today.

Good trading to all...
Definitely don't want Mother Nature smashing our mansions with pines ... or anything else for that matter. I know Bruce is getting his vacation on. I tend to post my initial numbers or chart "map" but primarily trade equities, though I'm constantly tracking the ES and other indices throughout the day - trading them more sporadically.

Your tree issue reminds me that I've got a huge pecan tree in my back yard ... and yes, it's leaning way too much in a certain direction. And it's not a matter of if; it's a matter of when. I know exactly where it's gonna hit - right on my master bedroom if my calculations are correct. Just waiting for that one certain Texas storm to blow through one of these days/years.
Originally posted by PAUL9

Originally posted by MonkeyMeat

Bruce, Phileo, Paul, Kool and others ... jump on in here. And everyone is not only welcome to post ... but encouraged to share ideas and analysis ... charts are always helpful too!!!

MM,
sorry I haven't been able to contribute.

I have been busy all day with tree fellers here on my palatial estate (haha, it's just a house in the suburbs ), winter blizzards here in PA broke many huge branches, and I became worried about one huge white pine that looked like it was leaning toward the house, they're taking it down now, no trading for me today.

Good trading to all...
Sure wish it was Hawaii...this was Great adventure/great escape near Lake Goerge new york.....I'm not sure which is more bruised ..me or my ego...I must have been the oldest father there trying to surf in an indoor water park....my 8 year old made it look easy...my wife told me they made the "waves" faster and harder when it was my turn.....( they can adjust the force)....I think she's just trying to make me feel better...

Please tell me that somebody got those beautiful triples inside the hour range today??? A true classic that I missed..!! A ledge was formed by them.....so it made the run even better....PIKER...did u take them out..?

Originally posted by day trading

Originally posted by BruceM

flat on all at 09.75..have a great day all...gotta surf!!!

Enjoy your vacation! Where are you? Sounds like Hawaii...
i longed for that triple on the 5 minute (on SIM) but was going for 1109, which it never hit.