ES short term trading 7-9-10

Sure doesn't seem like anybody is ready to buy today....I'm planning on selling any push up today..especially if they have the power to push it over 73..even on a report up spike..

63 - 64 seems likely to be tested..in general the O/N session extremes will be very important today
have 69.25 shorts in RTh....
Originally posted by pt_emini

took the 0.786 retrace (1069.00) for short entry...

hoping now we don't visit 1070.50.

stopped out for a loss at 1071.00

bias still short, so will wait for a lower high to try again.
thanks, I appreciate the reply about the POC.

I have to do some studying about this to find out what the true facts are, here's what I have to research. In the past I have made money on some days that follow a IDNR4 for the ES. Yesterday was also a NR7 for ES and same thing, I have had days when I make money playing a breakout of first 15m opening range, play for 618 extension, today that number (to the upside) was 71.13, but there are other days when I just get whacked with a quick (losing) exit.

Now I realize I have to study what the intraday action on the day BEFORE the IDNR4 or NR7 was, to see if it has predicability.

I know one caveat I wrote down once (where it is now I have no idea) don't assume a breakout and a run (intraday) has to follow IDNR4 or NR7 days because I have seen 2 in a row unfold (RTH range difference for 2nd day can be smaller than NR7 day, or a just a point larger), then there can be fireworks

2 days ago had a big uptrend day, a day of consolidation (IDNR4, NR7) yesterday, now I don't know what for today.

Has anyone looked at this kind of pattern?
lets see if this hour range breakout can fail for us.....big zone above....official breakdown started at 74.75 in O/N last week!!
I think they wil test RTH lows.....no power there...
Originally posted by BruceM

lets see if this hour range breakout can fail for us.....big zone above....official breakdown started at 74.75 in O/N last week!!

I went back to check on that....
it was 6/28 (sunday nite session).
1074.75 became resistance eventually in the RTH session.

Great memory Bruce!
Originally posted by PAUL9

I have to do some studying about this to find out what the true facts are, here's what I have to research. In the past I have made money on some days that follow a IDNR4 for the ES. Yesterday was also a NR7 for ES and same thing, I have had days when I make money playing a breakout of first 15m opening range, play for 618 extension, today that number (to the upside) was 71.13, but there are other days when I just get whacked with a quick (losing) exit.

Now I realize I have to study what the intraday action on the day BEFORE the IDNR4 or NR7 was, to see if it has predicability.

I know one caveat I wrote down once (where it is now I have no idea) don't assume a breakout and a run (intraday) has to follow IDNR4 or NR7 days because I have seen 2 in a row unfold (RTH range difference for 2nd day can be smaller than NR7 day, or a just a point larger), then there can be fireworks

2 days ago had a big uptrend day, a day of consolidation (IDNR4, NR7) yesterday, now I don't know what for today.

It depends on context.
We are up 65+ pts from the low. If you were sitting on that kind of profit, would you be greedy or fearful ?
Originally posted by phileo

It depends on context.
We are up 65+ pts from the low. If you were sitting on that kind of profit, would you be greedy or fearful ?

up 65 points in an ES position? I wouldn't be greedy or fearful, I'd be having one of the best dreams of my life

(That made me laugh, I had to post it)

Originally posted by phileo

It depends on context.

up 65 points in an ES position? I wouldn't be greedy or fearful, I'd be having one of the best dreams of my life

(That made me laugh, I had to post it)

sorry, hope i didn't come off as sarcastic or rude.

I'm just trying to think about what the big money is doing, and see if the chart can confirm my educated guesses.
phileo,
you didn't come off sarcastic or rude, don't be ridiculous. I do the same thing, at the end of the week I say to myself, who really made the money this week? And do you think they're going to want to bank roll it ahead of the weekend.

I think it's only the roaring bull markets that press it higher on Fridays.
think it'll get to 1075?