ES short term trading 7-27-10

All numbers below Mondays low remain the same but on my radar are

1115 - 1116 Value area high of the composite I'm watching - Ideal to sell above there on a gap higher in RTH or in O/N if you dare..
1108- 1109 - peak volume of composite and now todays session

1104.50 _ Ledge but I think they may get that in O/N session

1101 - 1102.50 The breakout point and single prints

We've had two large closing $ticks recently.
Most will look at today as a trend day....I don't, but still like a sell the rally mentality. Third up day in a row..
I think they will want to test 1000 and even down into the mid 80's as per the weekly pivot....Volume lower the last two days as per my I/rt data.. My bias is short for RTH ESPECIALLY if we gap higher. A gap lower will need to wait and sell a first strong rally up with high $ticks.
Many looking for the pullback to 1092 daily 50 and 200 ma area. Today?
Originally posted by DavidS

Many looking for the pullback to 1092 daily 50 and 200 ma area. Today?

i am
Originally posted by Lorn

If VWAP keeps a lid on prices I could see a possible breakdown but this recent 5 min price surge has come on a volume spike.

Thanks Lorn!
New shorts for me at 1110.75...u all see the trips below....
watchingthat 12.50 as POC volume and VA high developing up there
I see them now!

Originally posted by BruceM

New shorts for me at 1110.75...u all see the trips below....
Here is the attempt to get above VWAP. Lets see what the 2:30 close brings.
not thrilled with that 30 minute high as it matches another 30 minute 12.75 price...they gonna run that out I think so I couldn't add...yet!!
Yea, unless a quick breakdown occurs here I think you are on to something.

not thrilled with that 30 minute high as it matches another 30 minute 12.75 price...they gonna run that out I think so I couldn't add...yet!!
today's profile is the "b" pattern so far...confusing part is we have trips below and that matching high that is trying to form now....for the bigger picture I have that 1115 area as that is the VA high of the composite..ideal would see them get that 1112.75 and print 1113 and then roll over for the trip..below..bad time for me to be in a trade
Funny thing ... after reading this post, I'd planned on watching it. Then I roll over to my girlfriend's place for the evening and the first thing she tells me is that she wants to watch a Tony Robbins show coming on tonight.

Btw, there's a really cool presentation he gave that's on TED online. I'm not much into the self-help books/gurus/arena ... because I'm beyond help. My degree in Psych confirmed that to me. But I really got a kick out of the vid of Tony on the TED site ... he rocked the house. Here's the TED link of the video for anyone interested:

http://www.ted.com/talks/tony_robbins_asks_why_we_do_what_we_do.html

Thanks.....one of my mentors from the late 80's and early 90's is on TV with his own show tonight......Tony Robbins....doesn't matter if you like him or not....I'm sure he'll have a few "choice words" that may inspire you to improve your life or inspire you to take action at improving your life in some way...perhaps it will only motivate you to get going in some new direction....

Reality TV on NBC at 8 PM est....