Daily ES Pivots, non-standard

Likely ES levels for the day

Piv- 1142.5, r1-1148.5, r2-1154.5, r3-1160.25. s1-1136.75, s2-1130.75, s3-1125.00
How are these pivots calculated?

It looks like your pivot point is the same as the classic R1 level?
Hi day trading. It would seem not, as the classic pivot for the es today was 1136 and change, whereas mine was closer to the 'end of day' price levels of 9/21.

I've fiddled with formulas that interact better with harmonics, thats all.

A proper understanding of the intraday usage of Gann and what some errantly call 'Fibonacci levels' helps a bit as well.

And no, I'm not here to sell any service. I don't ply a trade on the relative ignorance of men.
Interesting avatar as well, given the different color bands that used to color the ancient ziggurats/pyramids.
Originally posted by luckytwelve

...I've fiddled with formulas that interact better with harmonics, thats all...

How did you test the results? And how do you use your custom levels in your trades?

Hi day trading. It would seem not, as the classic pivot for the es today was 1136 and change, whereas mine was closer to the 'end of day' price levels of 9/21.

I've fiddled with formulas that interact better with harmonics, thats all.

A proper understanding of the intraday usage of Gann and what some errantly call 'Fibonacci levels' helps a bit as well.

And no, I'm not here to sell any service. I don't ply a trade on the relative ignorance of men.

Thanks for sharing. With all the different variants on projected next-day pivot prices/areas ... how, specifically do you calculate what you posted? Would be a help to all here as there are so many variants on similar projections including Steenbargers along with 4 different ones provided here for daily projected pivots.

Looking forward to your specific feedback that'll bring all of the mypivots community on board. Thanks!

MM
Thanks monkeymeat.

I won't be getting specific as to my methodology, as said is not for sale. I'm also not looking for followers, or asking anyone to use the numbers. They are simply provided in the old tradition of 'freely given, freely received'.

I use r/s and pivot merely to ascertain risk of entry/exit...not as locations where the /es 'must' reverse. Gann and other harmonics are best for that. I also attempt to capture all daily movement possible within 3 bands. If it breaks the third band, I look to see where my 'weekly' projection stands, rather than my daily.

As to backtesting; one will note that 'backtesting', 'statistics' and 'curve fitting', as individuals are currently conditioned to view them, are not valid. The results are always skewed to excessive profit or excessive loss...due to some very basic assumptions.

Schiller noted that man is at his best when he is at play...so play with reality.
9-23-10, piv-1138.25 s1-1132.5. s2-1125.5, s3-1119.75. r1-1145.25, r2-1151.25, r3-1158.00

9-23-10, piv-1138.25 s1-1132.5. s2-1125.5, s3-1119.75. r1-1145.25, r2-1151.25, r3-1158.00

=====================================================================
Thanks for the #s lucky...or thanks for the lucky #s...
piv-1130 s1-1123.50 s2-1116 s3-1109.50 r1-1137 r2-1144 r3-1151.50
Those who are awake and question get 'voted' down, while those who sleep and maintain a conditioning are lauded.

'Twas ever thus.
I can't find this market call.......it's not posted....

I don't think any pro traders who come here are looking to become dependant on Someone elses numbers. None of us are immune from learning something from other folks though...so DT hit it perfectly...without any educational value then it is just useless to the reader......

If someone plays with the levels provided, they may find them more useful than not.

I 'called the ball' at 1142.00 at 44 past the hour on the short term trading thread for this move. So, these levels, along with harmonics, help me. Perhaps they'll help others...who knows?

"A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking."