ES Wednesday 1/04/2012

I have LVN up at the 73.00 area I am still having problems with my chart Lisa and Bruce what else is out there?
unfortunately, I have to leave - just when it is getting interesting
Day and night profiles separated. Not sure if it is helpful at this time of RTH

Click image for original size
2012 01 041147
neutral as we went both sides of the IB range......most days will see two different tpo's print on the 60 or 90 minute range...one is for the attempted breakout from those ranges and then the other 30 minute tpo does a test of such a break out......we didn't have two tpo's print outside those 60 minute lows ( only one broke out of the range)so it was a higher probability that we would have the test on the high breakout......

this is true for the first 30 minute range also but some days we get those 10 a.m reports which can make trades a bit harder
Hi BruceM, thanks for your contributions

I don't think i understand the concept about the two tpos completely; do you mean that at the 60 minute high or low we should have always two tpos ? if there is a breakout of the IB then you will have at least two tpos at one of the edges, so in that case the two tpo requirement moves to the 90 minute low/high ?

I know you have mentioned this concept in the past but is there another way you can illustrate it ?

Thank you

Originally posted by BruceM

neutral as we went both sides of the IB range......most days will see two different tpo's print on the 60 or 90 minute range...one is for the attempted breakout from those ranges and then the other 30 minute tpo does a test of such a break out......we didn't have two tpo's print outside those 60 minute lows ( only one broke out of the range)so it was a higher probability that we would have the test on the high breakout......

this is true for the first 30 minute range also but some days we get those 10 a.m reports which can make trades a bit harder
I'm going to have to type something up that makes sense as the concept is simple but my explanations on this so far have been a bit muddled. Give me a day or so and I'll get something posted with a chart for clarity. Thanks for showing interest!
Originally posted by ayn

Hi BruceM, thanks for your contributions

I don't think i understand the concept about the two tpos completely; do you mean that at the 60 minute high or low we should have always two tpos ? if there is a breakout of the IB then you will have at least two tpos at one of the edges, so in that case the two tpo requirement moves to the 90 minute low/high ?

I know you have mentioned this concept in the past but is there another way you can illustrate it ?

Thank you

Originally posted by BruceM

Good bruce thank you very much