My thoughts on HUNTER !!

Let me be crystal clear when I say that I donot "like" the person that comes through in the forum known as "Hunter". I think it's because they are too busy trying to impress themselves with their own words and rhetoric and don't take enough time to really respond to the needs of the forum members.

Instead of addressing the real issues he wants to razzle and dazzle us with false words of wisdom. I don't buy into it and recently it was brought to my attention that Hunter asked someone to pay him $500 in private email in order to get clarity on the "Stretch" threads. I can get the proof if needed.

Now ask yourselves this : If Hunter was making so much money by his "stretch" than why does he need to have another forum member pay money to get greater understanding? Why hasn't Hunter demonstrated to us in real time on the ES or any other thread his actual ability to trade this or any other concept?

There are those of us who bust our ass to help out our fellow traders with asking for little in return. I personally am sick of all this talk without any real answers and I know many of you are. These vendor wannabees will make you think that it is YOUR problem and YOU aren't working hard enough when the truth is that these posters aren't trading and just want people to pay them money. They are the ones that aren't working hard at trading. It isn't you !

All this posting on stretches just seems like somebody trying to build a fake track record and then charge people money for some trading advice. I don't trust this kind of behaviour and will be locking him out soon if things don't change.

Once the behaviour starts matching my gut feel on a poster then I need to take action. We'll give Hunter a chance to respond here. Hopefully it will be in words that we can all use and not some crap designed to satisfy his ego. Here is your chance Hunter.
well said Bruce! glad to see someone else backing me up!

i finally gave up trying. figured he was trying to charge something, but didn't know until now, everything makes much more sense now.

constant after the fact posts about $500/contract margin gains is getting out of control and not what this site is about.

for all of you else on here, thumbs up, love this site and the information here!

thanks
Everyone has a right to their opinion and freedom of expression, and I respect your right to “not like the person that comes through in the forum known as "Hunter”. There are some people who actually enjoy my posts from the feedback I receive through this forum and others; sorry you do not share this.

As for asking for $500 to explain further the stretch calculations and how it works for me, I have been asked by various people to give them better insight to trading, and to this theory, one on one. My time is just as valuable as anyone else’s. What I am finding when approached by someone asking me for my time to explain in detail, is that typically the level of understanding of markets and trading in general is going back to basics, not just about the Stretch calculations.

If I have ever made anyone feel that “vendor wannabees will make you think that it is YOUR problem and YOU aren't working hard enough when the truth is that these posters aren't trading and just want people to pay them money,” then I am sorry—I can assure you I do not make money this way!

Since now I know there are a couple of you out there who are taking the time to harshly critique my writing style here at this forum rather than engaging in an adult conversation about how this all works, I will say farewell! Don’t give any more negative energy to something that doesn’t interest you and help your fellow traders!

Anyone wishing to contact me, I am happy to discuss the method(s).
Happy trading,
Hunter

Originally posted by Hunter
Since now I know there are a couple of you out there who are taking the time to harshly critique my writing style here at this forum rather than engaging in an adult conversation about how this all works, I will say farewell!

... "a couple of you out there" ... nay, more than that. And that's what it really comes down to in a forum like this. And when, over time and after multiple folks' queries, there's continued enigmatic/cryptic yet somewhat celebratory postings ... well, it leads to overall "site-confusion and site-frustration" inside of a community such as mypivots.

Continued postings of the same approach is the old "doing the same thing again and again, expecting different results," based on overwhelming feedback to "Hunter posts." I'd compare it to a relationship where two people are talking past each other, and after counselling, find that there's too much of a difference to connect.

This arena, to a very large extent, is a democracy. DT implemented the voting system for a solid reason that speaks to this.

I look forward to legitimate and smoother interactions without the confounding distractions. And I wish good learning and profitable trading to ALL!

MM
Originally posted by Hunter

Since now I know there are a couple of you out there who are taking the time to harshly critique my writing style here at this forum rather than engaging in an adult conversation about how this all works, I will say farewell! Don’t give any more negative energy to something that doesn’t interest you and help your fellow traders!

Hunter,
If you're still interested in posting on this site, here are few things you need to do.

1) Post your trades in a real-time manner. By that I mean post up, right after you enter and exit a trade. Your method of sharing your trades after the markets have closed makes you look like a pretender. Last week, you posted an entry. It looked like a losing trade. You never followed up. Instead, you continued posting in the thread, but never mentioned the trade. I asked you about your stop (for that specific trade) and you responded by saying The stop is always at the lesser Fibonaccis of the Stretch calculation, 0.236%, 0.382%, 0.5%, and 0.618% of the Stretch. This takes me to my next point.

2) Answer questions. You tend to give general responses to specifics. If someone asks you why you entered a trade (especially when it's 10 points shy of the stretch), explain why you entered the trade. The specifics, not a general reply. I asked you about a specific entry and you said it was a bearish Maribozu that triggered the sell. I looked at the chart in 1 minute, 2min, 5 min. & 15 min bars and none of them had anything resembling a bearish Maribozu.

3) Quit all the patting yourself on the back. It's pretentious. Showing the return based on a $500 margin is an absurd metric. No one's interested in seeing it after every trade.

4) Come to terms with the fact that your communication skills are lacking and commit to improve them. If 10 people have the same complaint about your explanations, it's not that they're all too stupid to get it. It's because you do a poor job of explaining it.

I've been tracking your (3,-1) formula. It is impressive how it is accurate. Going long today at yesterday's close - stretch would've been great for both S&P and Dow. I think your formula has legitimacy.... if only there were some general rules for which level and direction to trade.

Your 245 posts make me think you like this place. If you want to stick around, give some serious thought about how you interact with others.

Good luck.
I like that idea ETM....the stretch ideas show promise . They shouldn't be discounted due to some challenges with the presentation of them.
I agree with the last few posts.......
I'm always supportive of free exchange of thought.
Don't trash an idea because the presentation is ... whatever.

Use your brain and figure out how to apply it.

You have to admit...the math is funny amazing!

I'm an NQ bigot lately.....and today

previous close - stretch was
2529.5-7(stretch*-1)=2522.5......and double tap support=LONG and it never looked back....very clean rally.

2522.5+21(stretch*3)=2243.5 .....goosed at the end.

In the AH the selloff found support at the upper stretch....
Very bullish...we are way up here though.

It doesn't work all the time....but it trades a trend well...up and down......impulse moves blow everything away.

There has to be something there because this topic gets a lot of air time.
Worked again today.....-1,+3
Whats great about this technique is the simplicity and that it can be be easily done manually in advance.

Its gonna crash, but you gotta love it while it lasts.
Click image for original size
2012 02 09 nq
Originally posted by grednfer

Worked again today.....-1,+3
Whats great about this technique is the simplicity and that it can be be easily done manually in advance.

Its gonna crash, but you gotta love it while it lasts.

Another win for the formula.

Would you post the hours and numbers you work with?

According to my quotes, yesterday's close was 2545.75

According to this site, the stretch is 8.00

2545.75 - 8.00 = 2537.75

The overnight low was 2535.25, which 2.50 points past the buy level.

How do you determine how much to risk?

0.236% means your stopped out on this trade. With the other ratios, you're safe.

On your chart, you show price trading through your buy level. According to my quotes, the day session low was 2538.25, .50 shy of the buy level.

Sorry to ask all these questions. I'm just looking for consistency.

In a nutshell.

What stretch did you use?

How do you determine 1.0 vs. 1.618 or 2.616?

How do you determine which ratio for the stop?

Do you look at both sessions? Or just the day session?

I understand other tools may be used for determining entry and stop levels. I'm just curious what you use. With Hunter, his explanations were all over the place, giving (me) the impression he was using 20/20 hindsight to justify his entries.

I look forward to reading your reply.
Dude....thats a alot of questions.

The data I use is aggregated so sometimes my computed close is off.....I think it had 2545.25...usually within a few ticks.

It used a computed stretch of 7....It computes the actual stretch then goes back and optimizes for highest trade probability for this rally which has been going on a funny long time......since Dec 20, 2011......its always between 6.6 and 8.5, so 7 or 7.5 is always a happy medium.

And it runs 24 hours a day.....perpetual is always the objective.

Stops? I hate stops don't use them.....they become actual losses.
If the momomentum shifts below the stretch, the rule is to short ES or YM...then there are multiple options from there. When I did use stops I think it was like 7 or 8 which is one times the stretch anywho.

The levels are and you can see this on the chart just multiples of the stretch....you can use fib levels too.....

But what you want to do if it does reverse is add to the trade at the lower stretch levels.....they call that "leaning into the pain". But I'm not sure thats a good technique up here. If there is a big impulse move down.....shorting ES or YM against an NQ long will work as they will outpace NQ to the downside.

You have to do what you feel comfortable with......

But play with it....its a good model....best thing I've found in years....and its 20+ years old! If the 50EMA > 200EMA on 60M and price is not too high (indicates UP trend), this trade has good probability.

AAPL almost hit 500 (496.5) today, so look for the upper stretch areas to become resistance.
Originally posted by grednfer

Dude....thats a alot of questions.

Thanks for taking the time to address them. Your responses were very helpful.