ES 1/9/13 & 1/10

Here we are again, like groundhog day. Yesterday we probed a little lower into Jan 2nd value area and volume built around the 49 to 49.50 area. Buyers came in late and pushed it back up toward that 52-53 comfort zone. Overnight I show a 56 high, just recently attained. I do show trades later last evening up to 56.75, anyone else got that. Either way it was pushed back down. If we open now it would be above yesterday's value area and the O/N low is at the top of that. Will we retest the 49 area?
my stop on last runners is at 61.25....trying to hold for 55.50...even though 95 % of the time we will break the O/N low or high ...my last exit will be getting out before the O/N low runs out
60.50 fills the air. See if we get continuation down after that if it happens
57.50 proved a nice place to bounce though
thx bkay and bruce for the comments

combining rth profiles since 1/2 gives us that nice bell curve bruce has been talking abt...now that we have failed at the top we have the vpoc at 55.75 and the time poc at 55.25 so that 55-56 is a natural area to revisit in my mind...we have a lvn from yest right above it at 56.5 so we can call it a 55-56.5 area

that was nice flush down btw....took a stab short at 63.25 (around last week's rth)and was holding 2 runners aiming for yest hod and vah...so filled on both...the core i took right above 61, which was the breakout point during the o/n session....the only reason i mention this trade is because it might help someone see how touse the levels and things bruce, bkay et al mention in this forums...good luck
Thanks Nick, Good stuff.
we really don't want to see this come outside of yesterdays range too many times...it is much better if we can see price be accepted inside yesterdays range and not come back out
Bruce when you get a chance, any technical value to the 61.25 stop, or just a trailer for you?
gap fill and yest vpoc right at 55.75 so inside that 55-56.5 area mentioned below...

Originally posted by NickP

thx bkay and bruce for the comments

combining rth profiles since 1/2 gives us that nice bell curve bruce has been talking abt...now that we have failed at the top we have the vpoc at 55.75 and the time poc at 55.25 so that 55-56 is a natural area to revisit in my mind...we have a lvn from yest right above it at 56.5 so we can call it a 55-56.5 area

that was nice flush down btw....took a stab short at 63.25 (around last week's rth)and was holding 2 runners aiming for yest hod and vah...so filled on both...the core i took right above 61, which was the breakout point during the o/n session....the only reason i mention this trade is because it might help someone see how touse the levels and things bruce, bkay et al mention in this forums...good luck
not really Bkay...just outside the noise and that would put us just above a spot where we had multiple lows on the 5 minute bars...I basically wanted to be away from that 59.50...runners stops are always hard for me

Nice to see ya back Nick and good info..
took one more off at 57...nearthat swing low from O/N...getting real close to ultimate zone
had to revise my magnet price down a bit for today - Friday...now it is 66.50...so all the On volume is near yesterdays close...I'd like to see a push below 65 to set up the long if we open and don't print the 66.50 first

ideal short will be above 68 ....both trade ideas will work better if we don't print 66.50 first in the day session

secondary support is 62.75

pitbull zones should work well today