ES 1-31-13

repitition is the mother of boredom...here's my basic plan for today

No video below? Try this link: jan31.swf

cool Bkay...is there anything good out there ?

Pitbull plus 4 - 5.5 zone came in close to all that bell curve volume from yesterdays session...I only mention it as some wondered in the past how I like to use the pitbull numbers for confluence

with volume at 1501 from yesterday and volume building at 1498.50 today it makes it quite a challenge to find something good up here today...for me I'm still playing on the bear side of the 1501 so shorts are prefered for me
Originally posted by bkay59

You guys aren't really alone. I've been scoping out a few other sites so my time is split, but I generally take a look around here regularly. (Not voting though)

96 is air pocket/ lvn today !! go get em !!
Bruce I think you pointed me towards Riskcap. It was before the Holidays and he had that $10 lookey loo. So I figured I'd take a look after the 1st. Pretty in depth for his style of trading, worth my $10 to take a look. I thing its around $50 per/mo after that if you stay on. I'm cheap and definitely not a shill for the site,but it's the most interesting I've seen lately.
always good to see what others are doing..especially if it doesn't cost much to see if it fits your style

combing today and yesterday sessions shows an incomplete bell curve so I'm looking at possible retests back up into that 98.50 and higher..getting back under todays open and yesterdays lows will cause me to rethink that concept....
Bruce why is the pitbull window close..i got the open at 95.25 low of 93.25
risk cap ray seems like a good guy and doesn't encourage anyone to overtrade
Originally posted by BruceM

Over trading is definitely not an issue, if anything I've stayed out of other setups I would have normally taken. Therein lies the conflict, mine internally, and my development in trading.
we can't be too rigid on the pitbull window as it was designed years ago and for the full sized contract. For me two points is close enough and the more important piece is that we traded on both sides of the open and with the two point drop we tested an extreme and failed...that being the low of yesterday.....so we went two points down and the up to the plus 4 - 5.5 zone.....I just don't think it would be wize to trade like the pitbull after that happens...

It doesn't mean we can't use it as a guide though....I guess I just don't advise taking systematic trades hoping to eventually get the minus 2.5 number when we dropped down earlier by two points and rallied....it just seems too risky to me

The other thing is I always want to encourage people to take less trades and be satisifed...so getting trading over and moving on to something else like research or other forms of activity should be the ultimate goal

"get in, get out and move on !!" should be my slogan
Originally posted by duck

Bruce why is the pitbull window close..i got the open at 95.25 low of 93.25
bruce thanks
Oh yeah, I hear ya on this. Years ago I spent too much time on paltalk.

we all need to work on our own trading book titled

"Be Your own trading Guru"

so we need to hold ourselves up to be the experts...not to be egomaniacs and to think we are better than anybody else as a human being but just to be humble traders who do what needs to be done and get on with life...

the above doesn't mean we can't learn from others...it is the egomaniac who stops learning !!
Originally posted by bkay59

Originally posted by BruceM

Over trading is definitely not an issue, if anything I've stayed out of other setups I would have normally taken. Therein lies the conflict, mine internally, and my development in trading.
Always up for a good read, thanks