ES Friday 2-28-14

End of the month and I prefer buy side trades........I'm trying to increase trade size so will be limiting my "Live" trade postings as it's just too stressful when trying to bump up the account. Big question is whether or not we will just be forming one big consolidation pattern as all the trade so far has been contained within the range of Monday...very unusual.....most are watching the Tues- wed highs at around the 51.50 and we should too...

here is my take on it and my buy points....won't be doing much on sell side most likely

No video below? Try this link: fridAY.swf

Is 59.75 too much to ask for this move???
I hate taking something off at a 1.5 point profit but my last trade was a loser so I want to get that cleaned up.....I'm also not convinced that are gonna just sell off and not come back to test that vpoc at 63.50
my final is try for 60.25...in front of an LVN and rising VWAP.
we need these buyers who came in at 61.25 earlier to give up..... not looking likely
got stopped at 63.25..may try one more short if we can go up on low volume and low delta..
nice hold if you held that sharks...i almost tried again but was busy
gave up on a 2 pt profit for a B/E + 1, but still think 59.75 is in the cards, thx Bruce
almost looks like an a-b- c correction back to VWAP...which would mean that new highs are coming...no real clue...it's friday and past 11..hope all have a great weekend....
here's what an a-b-c correction looks like to me
Click image for original size
barchart
Thanks for all your analysis this whole week, Bruce..
Bruce, Really, Really great advice.
Posting this on Saturday so I don't know if anyone will see it. As I said earlier I'm away from trading late in the week but not out of touch with the markets and occasionally I get a peak at what you guys are chatting about. Quite honestly I miss it only being able to do this a couple of days week, hopefully that will change. But I do like to review and spend some time on Saturday going over charts, the markets, and these posts, and there is always value here. I can't stress it enough. Sharks and Apk it is great to see your posts in here. Bruce always incredible stuff. I will continue to contribute when I'm around, good luck guys and hang in there because surviving is 80% of the game. If you are mentally capable of staying in the game (and we all have demons) then success will eventually find you.
Originally posted by BruceM

you WILL turn it around...sorry to hear about this week but it was a wacky week....let me ramble if I may...I think ones ability to handle the losses separates the winners from the losers in this game we call trading..........I use to revenge trade and found myself usually piling on losses...while I still have losing days etc, I do not revenge trade like I did in the past.......my form of revenge comes in the form of taking good quality trades but exiting much faster...so that is my way to MAKE UP for the loss...I want to get paid back for that loss first...it helps my head and trading ego.....Too many times years ago I would stay at this market all day and quite often NEVER make up any losses....

No more !!! I only now trade past 11 a.m if I have winners early on in the day ...If I am losing past 11 then I have lost for the day and wait until the next trading day...some days it's real difficult because when u look back at a chart it is so easy to see trades we MIGHT have taken after the fact..so we get encouraged to trade longer on other days as we have these IMAGINARY references in our brain...........don't be fooled by them ! You need real and live trade references.....

this isn't meant for u specifically sharks.......just taking an opportunity to ramble........no more coffee / tea for me !!!
Originally posted by sharks57

I took losses hope to turn it around next week..