ES Monday 11-10-14

There was a large difference between the 4pm and 4:15pm close. So here are the volatility numbers for both. Let us see which one turns out better. The 4:15 one was more accurate on Friday.

Click image for original size
iv111014
yes I had two left and we entered closing range high from friday...see my last video...that explains it a bit
Originally posted by NewKid

Bruce, were you just front running it at 26.5? It did hit 25.75 :)
Yup, makes sense. You use the closing bar's range rather than just the closing price
I will use both but I prefer to use closing range as too many expect the closing price to print and sometimes it turns just before a gap fill.....so I always want to get out as fast as I can especially near a closing price......I've left too many much money on the table just trying to to get an extra 2 - 3 tics....most times it's better to just get out out as soon as you have a good profit ( and then let runners try to work some magic if lucky).......

all this trading stuff is about controlling greed and fear........so I try real hard to be satisfied......I usually don't get concerned if a market keeps moving in my direction after I am out........today for example....suppose market kept dropping to next zone at 19.50 - 21 area...It really wouldn't have bothered me because I had a good trade campaign and am satisfiied...I traded well and made $$$$$.....getting greedy and holding on for too much can be costly and frustrating....

sorry for the speech....LOL!!
true words. always good to take profits and trade within your comfort level... i am still learning everyday so trying to absorb and learn as much as possible
tight range day today so far..
Trying to get a fill @ 32.5 for a short
at r1 and a 4:15 close band .....singles are below at Ib breakout...this would all be a higher risk fade due to tight consolidation of first hour...better to wait for new all time highs up at 33 - 35 I think
too late, i already got it. i will have to sit tight on this one I think.... might have chewed off too much..
I'm starting to look up at 33.75 for a short but will keep this all small as I know they may want to push towards that 35 - 36 still and we are almost outside of my 90 minute window.....see if we can get them to come back to volume at 31.75...the r1 area
singles left behind on a 60 minute breakout have the highest probability of filling in on the same day...while they aren't perfect they do fill in a very high percent of the time...so short trades taken above new highs at 33.25 and then again at 35 - 36 are the best way to try for them IMHO.....doesn't mean they will fill in but probabilities area at least on our side
great that u noticed those apk...good eyes......a sure sign of low volume...and notice how they just broke that ledge at 31.25....so I would expect singles to fill in completely now
Originally posted by apk781

that was a nice target...triples left at 31.75 and top of lvn formed today...too slow to even watch from here....gl

Originally posted by BruceM

31.50 is final for me...they should go fill in singles but i don't want to b tortured