ES 08-17-16

bingo minus 4 target hit..i am finished for the day..mike and bruce thanks for the post
back in the old days like 3 days ago..lol i be buying the 68.75 rat number
Great work Duck, and even better explanations Bruce, I get it now, so simple explained like you did in the last few days........ big thumbs up from me......
u rocked it Duck Congrats...with the OR trades we can think about the plus and minus 4 , the overnight range range probabilities and the overnight midpoint as key targets. Thanks for all the good words sent my way yesterday afternoon and today. I always appreciate the feedback and happy to offer out ideas that hopefully help.

This came over yesterday on Yahoo mail..( you know where you see all those strange ads before you actually get to sign into your mail).I thought it was an interesting coincidence. I'm not sure why it's dated as today in the text , maybe it dates it when you click on it ...anyway here this is

http://www.cruiserschoice.com/news/sedentary-lifestyle-can-kill-by-raising-risk-of-heart-disease-r1362/

and one last thing : years ago I read an article with either John Hill of Futures truth or Schwagger...can't remember but they were talking about systems and they mentioned that the best times to start trading a system was after a new equity drawdown....so it got me to thinking that maybe for some it might be best to trade only the second and third breaks of the OR ranges...so you would wait for one side to break, then take the other side if it happens to break and reverse if it comes out the original side again...so in essence you avoid the first breakout or breakdown....and naturally looking at today you would have been kicking yourself for not taking the first break ....LOL....but I think if you keep your probabilities in mind you will do well with the OR trades...and of course trade less often

I'm so glad the trades worked today...sometimes we just need to build some momentum to effect change in our life that really lasts...I hope this is a good start for some
that cracks me up !!!
Originally posted by duck

back in the old days like 3 days ago..lol i be buying the 68.75 rat number
i will admit i was so temped to take the trade to the upside.and the downside of this recent reentry of OR range again. but kept telling myself to follow the plan.now i got the urge to buy the upside break..dam i hope this goes away after awhile...lol
Originally posted by duck

i will admit i was so temped to take the trade to the upside.and the downside of this recent reentry of OR range again. but kept telling myself to follow the plan.now i got the urge to buy the upside break..dam i hope this goes away after awhile...lol

Quit looking at the screen!!!!

I only would do research when the market is closed or at night if you don't trade the evening session. Lessens the temptation to do something inappropriate.
Some initial research (small sample) has shown some interesting things. From 7/26, 17 trading days there were 6 that opened out, 11 open prior RTH range. 4 of the 6 failed on the 1st OR breakout. 3 of the 11 in failed the 1st OR breakout. Interesting. I would love to see more numbers in this regard if anyone has the data.

Taking ALL breakouts resulted in 39.25 points (per contract) before commission. That is a YUUGE amount.

Keep after it Duck.
That's great big mike...where is newkid...he has some data...r u out there?
Originally posted by Big Mike

Some initial research (small sample) has shown some interesting things. From 7/26, 17 trading days there were 6 that opened out, 11 open prior RTH range. 4 of the 6 failed on the 1st OR breakout. 3 of the 11 in failed the 1st OR breakout. Interesting. I would love to see more numbers in this regard if anyone has the data.

Taking ALL breakouts resulted in 39.25 points (per contract) before commission. That is a YUUGE amount.

Keep after it Duck.
Minor update to bolster Duck-LOL.

Looked back from after 4th of July to current to evaluate OR breakout targeting +/-4.
33 Days 13 open out and 20 open in
12 failed 1st trades, 5 for open out, 7 for open in.
1 day failed my max 3 attempts; July 18.
All trades were successful if they hit +/-4, no other target was used.
1st trade= winner; done for the day. 2nd trade= winner; done for the day.

2 days OR was >2 so I went to the 15 minute breakout for 2 points. Both successful.

All tolled, 2 negative days. .25 and 5.25 (3 failed breakouts July 18)
47 trades 67.25 net points. 6 points for commissions= 61.25 NNN
Trade this proficiently and you won't need more (except psychologically).
Originally posted by Big Mike

Keep after it Duck.